+1

Gp1300r weight capacity?

Hey guys new to the forum and love how there's loads of information. I have one question hopefully someone could help me out, sorry if it's a dumb question but I just gotta know. I have an 03' gp1300r and I know the weight capacity says 2 riders/353 lbs, but my question is what happens if I put more than the 353 lbs, will the ski sink? The reason for the question is that I myself weigh 260 lbs and would like to take my lady out on the water with me and she's about 135 lbs, putting us around 400lbs total weight. Will that 50 lbs cause something drastic to happen if we both go out on it? Obviously common sense says that the manufacturer put those numbers for a reason I'm just looking for the main one. Thanks for your time guys n gals!

Quote Originally Posted by GP03 View Post
    Hey guys new to the forum and love how there's loads of information. I have one question hopefully someone could help me out, sorry if it's a dumb question but I just gotta know. I have an 03' gp1300r and I know the weight capacity says 2 riders/353 lbs, but my question is what happens if I put more than the 353 lbs, will the ski sink? The reason for the question is that I myself weigh 260 lbs and would like to take my lady out on the water with me and she's about 135 lbs, putting us around 400lbs total weight. Will that 50 lbs cause something drastic to happen if we both go out on it? Obviously common sense says that the manufacturer put those numbers for a reason I'm just looking for the main one. Thanks for your time guys n gals!
    you'll sink and everyone will die.

+1
    You better have good balance and not fall off. Even at 300lbs they aren't the greatest for staying upright at idle. Once your moving over 30 its OK.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You better have good balance and not fall off. Even at 300lbs they aren't the greatest for staying upright at idle. Once your moving over 30 its OK.
    yep, the pump is push down too deep in the water but once you get up on plane (riding on the ride plate and trim tabs) you will go reasonably smooth, but dont turn sharply, the wt. will throw you. Do yourself a favor get a 3 person ski, you'll enjoy more, trust me

Well I'm 293 and i had my buddy jump on the back who is 200 give or take 30lb... Just to run and grab a run away boat in the no wake zone and it was an interesting couple of minutes... if you plan on doing any sort of no wake zone i would say be careful and expect to at the vary least fall a few times...

+1
    So pretty much what I'm understanding is that the ski might be a little unstable with the extra weight. If we were to go for a cruise, obviously not riding like a maniac, maybe stop off at a beach or something I should be fine??

+1
    So what am gathering is that if I'm gonna be overweight with myself and passenger the ski is just gonna be less sturdy? I'm not looking to go race around, I'm lookin to go for a cruise and maybe stop up on a beach or something like that...

Thread Information