Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Repitch of Stock Prop on FZS

I have a FZS with these mods: R&D intake grate, Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade, Riva Power Filter, Riva Free Flow Exhaust, and VX ride plate. Top speed has been running 70.2-71.4 mph GPS depending on conditions and fuel level.

The following mods are in progress: Riva Power Cooler, HKS BOV, Riva B1 wheel, and R&D Powershot.

Is it possible to repitch the stock prop to keep off the rev limiter with the new mods? What pitch is recommended? I plan to add a reflash or new ECU next year so I was hoping to get by with the stock prop for now and buy a new prop next year to match the reflash/ECU.

+1
    I'd say go for the reflash now and get off the limiter for RPM and boost. After that, see what you need for a prop.

I'm running my stock prop with a C3 wheel/R2 and it's spot-on except out of the hole.

+1
    yes you can get by with the stock prop re-pitched just fine, id start out with it at 14/24

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I'd say go for the reflash now and get off the limiter for RPM and boost. After that, see what you need for a prop.

I'm running my stock prop with a C3 wheel/R2 and it's spot-on except out of the hole.

Craig, I thought you had the 160mm liner and prop?

+1
    I'm with Craig. If at all possible, you could just do the reflash now and your stock prop will work just fine the way it is. You'll pick up quite a bit of speed. If you pitch up now to hold you over, you will be pitching right back down once you get the reflash to get the RPMs up higher.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    Craig, I thought you had the 160mm liner and prop?
    I did. Had some problems that I'm still working through.

Funny thing is that when I stuck my stock (untouched) prop back in her the RPM's came right up to 8400 and she really get's with it now. Never would've guessed. Some cavitation (lots?) out of the hole but I just try not to launch like that. Everyone's different but I'd rather have the top end than zero cav. Now, I just need to GPS her.

Oh, and the 160mm setup I had DID have zero cavitation but I needed a lot less than the 14/20.5 that let me turn (only) 7400 RPM's. I'll post on my 160mm experience when I get things worked-out. Sorry it's taking this long but I'm not in a hurry as she is running better now than ever and it's summer--time to ride!

Thanks for the input. Craig, I would be very interested to know what your top end speed is with your current setup (stock prop, C3 and R2) when you get a chance to GPS. If it is fast enough, maybe losing a couple mph by switching to 160mm with the appropriate pitch prop would be OK to eliminate bottom end cavitation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaveral View Post
    Thanks for the input. Craig, I would be very interested to know what your top end speed is with your current setup (stock prop, C3 and R2) when you get a chance to GPS. If it is fast enough, maybe losing a couple mph by switching to 160mm with the appropriate pitch prop would be OK to eliminate bottom end cavitation.
    I will GPS soon. No excuses but I've got a little home renovation going at the moment.

Seems like when I have time to get out on the ski, the water has three footers going. When it's glass I forget the GPS.

I am turning the stock prop at 8400 RPM. Pet tach just died--and the ski was covered. Wish I would've taken the five seconds to remove it.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I will GPS soon. No excuses but I've got a little home renovation going at the moment.

Seems like when I have time to get out on the ski, the water has three footers going. When it's glass I forget the GPS.

I am turning the stock prop at 8400 RPM. Pet tach just died--and the ski was covered. Wish I would've taken the five seconds to remove it.
    Damn Craig, your luck is about as good as mine. did you have the Ski outside and covered? I guess i'm going to go through a lot of electrical tape since I'll be taking my PET off whenever i'm outside from now on. The 16 guage wire I bought from lowes is too thick to go through the 2 holes, so I had to strip the wire and then wrap it around the lead and wrap it good with some tape. Works great, just harder to remove.

I would think you are close to 80mph if you are turning 8400. I've got another 700rpms to go!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    Damn Craig, your luck is about as good as mine. did you have the Ski outside and covered? I guess i'm going to go through a lot of electrical tape since I'll be taking my PET off whenever i'm outside from now on. The 16 guage wire I bought from lowes is too thick to go through the 2 holes, so I had to strip the wire and then wrap it around the lead and wrap it good with some tape. Works great, just harder to remove.

I would think you are close to 80mph if you are turning 8400. I've got another 700rpms to go!
    I have (or had) my tach hooked-up the same way as you. I didn't use any tape, though. I installed my Pet over the stock tach gauge and took the wires in from the front then back up. Once velcro'd to the gauge face the wire can't come out. I'm sure that after the tach is taken off a few times the wire could be cut and stripped again. I ran my wires through with the stock wires:

I think I would mount my Pet here in the glove box:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information