Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566

    Rebuilt still problems though

    Right I've done a complete top end rebuild build with pistons gaskets etc

    Now it runs ok in stages, but the main problem I have is I put my foot down as such for power and it sort or builds up for a few mins then launches if u know what I mean

    My low speed acres r set to stock posisition my high speed r set to approx half position

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Neil


  2. #2
    Superd2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    133
    +1
    3
    You might have just posted wrong, but...

    Low speeds to half position;
    High speeds to stock position.

  3. #3
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Superd2K View Post
    You might have just posted wrong, but...

    Low speeds to half position;
    High speeds to stock position.
    High speed behind line with caps over them stock position

    Low speed at the bottom with T bar adjustment

    That's my interpratation of the screws

  4. #4
    Superd2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    133
    +1
    3
    High speed behind line with caps over them stock position

    Low speed at the bottom with T bar adjustment

    That's my interpratation of the screws
    Correct, but the LOWS need to be at 1/2 position, not the HIGHS.

    Per your first post...

    My low speed acres r set to stock posisition my high speed r set to approx half position

  5. #5
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Superd2K View Post
    Correct, but the LOWS need to be at 1/2 position, not the HIGHS.

    Per your first post...
    Yeah but i run mine rich due to a leaning out issue and melting a piston so i run them richer

    The stock setting on the high is 1/8 and the low is 1 1/4, is this running them at half on the high speed my problem of delay in launch or is it my rubuilt fuel pump??

    thanks
    Neil

  6. #6
    TopCop931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nutley, NJ
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Yeah but i run mine rich due to a leaning out issue and melting a piston so i run them richer

    The stock setting on the high is 1/8 and the low is 1 1/4, is this running them at half on the high speed my problem of delay in launch or is it my rubuilt fuel pump??

    thanks
    Neil
    You may be a little too rich Neil. Maybe you are loading up. What did the plugs look like after your first ride?

  7. #7
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by TopCop931 View Post
    You may be a little too rich Neil. Maybe you are loading up. What did the plugs look like after your first ride?
    Sootie and then they went blackish with oil on them, the pistons are nice dark colour too

  8. #8
    What did your piston wash look like?

  9. #9
    TopCop931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nutley, NJ
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Sootie and then they went blackish with oil on them, the pistons are nice dark colour too
    Then you are definitely lean. You already have the next question.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMGVTEK View Post
    What did your piston wash look like?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    you need to take the head off and post pictures , wouldnt hurt to due all 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 97 sltx update kit installed. Still problems
    By qsteeler in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 05:35 AM
  2. New SLX 780, did suggested maint, still problems....
    By chicagoanalog in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 10:55 AM
  3. Rebuilt carbs, still having problems
    By codemanrose in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 07:46 AM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:04 PM
  5. Still have a problem with my RXP.....
    By LiquidDI in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •