Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bang for the buck supercharger?

The season is almost over up here in mi. I'm gonna pull my 04 rxp in the garage and do some work to it. i plan on a exhaust for sure, a rear air intake, and a bigger SCer. my plan was going with the x charger. But I was wondering what kind of boost im gonna see from the x. I was think of going to with something from the rude series if the boost is gonna be more. Obviously trying to get more for the money out of the SCer. Any idea or opinions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_7238 View Post
    The season is almost over up here in mi. I'm gonna pull my 04 rxp in the garage and do some work to it. i plan on a exhaust for sure, a rear air intake, and a bigger SCer. my plan was going with the x charger. But I was wondering what kind of boost im gonna see from the x. I was think of going to with something from the rude series if the boost is gonna be more. Obviously trying to get more for the money out of the SCer. Any idea or opinions?
    I would go with the X charger its easy to fuel if your mostly stock, just a set of 42s will do untill you add a externall intercooler.

If you add say a 2rude then you have got to run an external IC and then depending on what ECU you are running will depend on on what injectors you need, stock ECU prob gona want bosch 48s and a fuel controler.

It get more complicated the more boost you want to especially on the stock ECU, Riva ECU is real easy to work with but you need valvetrain work.

So as I said go with the X charger as its a complete new charger so no maint issues for a little while and you could upgrade it to say a mini rude down the line when you have all the other mods done that help to support the higher boost numbers.

A good few people are running above 80mph with the X charger and a Riva ECU to give you some idea how far that charger can go. R88

sounds good u know how much boost it should put out at around 8100 rpm by any chance

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_7238 View Post
    sounds good u know how much boost it should put out at around 8100 rpm by any chance
    Depending on intake and IC setup you will see between 10-12psi at sea level.

I was seeing 11.5 at 8150 with 4" intake and a XS intercooler. The stock 215 IC is not great for boost but the throttle response is instant with the X charger as the boost has such a shot distance to the cylinder, Im running X charger, 4" intake, gutted + shortened waterbox with riva thru hull exhaust and a set of 42s and it flys out of the hole real hard and puls 70 easy with a three blade prop. Great setup and all easy to install.

R88

is the throttle response that much lower with an external IC? you've got me second guessing if i want to run an XS now, as i won't be doing a lot of top speed riding, but i love fast response. that's the biggest reason i bored the TB on my 4-wheeler. it is now an instant on for power where the stock setup was sluggish.

cool thats the set up ill order. then later on il just put the mini rude on. im gonna get a grate and a prop. any ideas bout a impeller

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    15/22 4 blade you may need to depitch it a little...you could go with a 15 20 and add some ...but when you go mini rude you will need a 15 22

Best bang for you buck is X Charger and 42's with stock intercooler. Running 77mph with this setup in the texas heat with open loop and riva plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    is the throttle response that much lower with an external IC? you've got me second guessing if i want to run an XS now, as i won't be doing a lot of top speed riding, but i love fast response. that's the biggest reason i bored the TB on my 4-wheeler. it is now an instant on for power where the stock setup was sluggish.
    Its not like its slow off the mark with the XS but it is more of a topspeed mod IMO.

Mine is def faster out of the hole with the stock IC in place. Its my personal opinion that most of the gain we see with these XS coolers is the fact they free up some boost, how much cooler the intake temps actually are would be very interesting.

louis914 has done some testing of exit temps on the XS coolers and his remark was something along the line of "the temps went up nearly as fast at the revs"

So what makes a good IC is the ability to flow good boost but keep the temps down, at all boost levels, this is another reason the XS coolers look good on most skis, they can cope with low to mid boost SCers but struggle when the boost gets up abit as the exit temps off the SC are obviosly higher and prob flowing more CFMs of air.

As I have said before from my expirience, unless you want all out top speed stick with the stock internal IC its easyer, cleaner and all you gona need is a set of 42s to run the X charger. Bang for buck its the best setup, add a 4" air and mod the exhaust and your gona have a good performing reliable ski, with the right prop and hull mods as said above you could well get into the high 70s.

R88

+1
    Just wondering, i am running stock internal ic, if i was to upgrade my x charger to the mini rude upgrade am i going to notice any more boost or holeshot or is the x charger the limit for stock internal ic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information