Youngs Point
    Youngs Point, Ontario, Canada on the awesome TrentSevern Waterway

2004 RXP Hi-Temp Alarm

Need some suggestions with this problem, my Hi-Temp alarm has been coming on occasionally, stating last summer and now quite frequently. Last night it came on while I was riding and kept coming on. I could not get on plane without it coming on, I would slow down, it would stop and come on every time I tried to get on plane. It got to the point where I could only idle, which I did as I was trying to get home. Finally it came on even at idle and I had to keep stopping for 20 mins then I could run the machine for 10 mins then stop again etc. At first I thought maybe I had some weeds but I am wondering if the waterpump impeller is coming apart? Any suggestions? Are the RXP's noted for this? My machine is modded as listed below and I am NOT using the Rotax Racing 130F thermostat, wondering if I should be.

Let's hear your thought.

Thanks
    Stonylake rxp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stonylake rxp View Post
    Need some suggestions with this problem, my Hi-Temp alarm has been coming on occasionally, stating last summer and now quite frequently. Last night it came on while I was riding and kept coming on. I could not get on plane without it coming on, I would slow down, it would stop and come on every time I tried to get on plane. It got to the point where I could only idle, which I did as I was trying to get home. Finally it came on even at idle and I had to keep stopping for 20 mins then I could run the machine for 10 mins then stop again etc. At first I thought maybe I had some weeds but I am wondering if the waterpump impeller is coming apart? Any suggestions? Are the RXP's noted for this? My machine is modded as listed below and I am NOT using the Rotax Racing 130F thermostat, wondering if I should be.

Let's hear your thought.

Thanks
    Stonylake rxp

Do you run a strainer on your water intake.? If not then you could have a clogged intercooler or your j pipe pissers may be stoped up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Do you run a strainer on your water intake.? If not then you could have a clogged intercooler or your j pipe pissers may be stoped up.
    +1

Youngs Point
    I am not running a strainer, should I be? I am starting to think I had better get one. Is this alarm for the engine closed loop system or for the intercooler? How do you know the difference?

You have to check for the obvious: check coolant level at the tank to see if your problem is with the engine or exhaust cooling, check too see if you get a fault code on your cluster with this hight temp alarm, check all your engine exhaust hoses for leaks, check the wiring of the temp sensor. if all this things check alright then removed your thermostat housing and check the water pump impeller and thermostat, also pull the I/C and check to see if it is clogged. hope this helps your issue....

Youngs Point
    RXPT400:
    I am getting the alarm "Hi-Temp" on my cluster. I will have time to look at it and possibly start taking things apart on Friday and Saturday but I will check the obvious first as you suggsted before unbolting things. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Does the temp sensor monitor the engine closed loop cooling system or the intercooler ?

+1
    stony im on buckhorn a few lakes up.. sure sounds like the cooler is plugged to me.... but as stated .. check the coolant levels and the condition of the coolant as well. with the weeds and zebra mussels in the kawarthas produces alot of small little debris that is sucked up unknowingly

+1
    IF yall ride in some debris, i am betting the j pipe pissers are stopped up.

had same problem

I have an 04 RXP, had same exact problem, couldnt figure it out, dealer found the wear ring was bad and caused overheat, fixed that but it was still doing it, they had to call Seadoo support and found that when it overheated the muffler baffle broke loose and were floating around inside the muffler obstructing water flow.

good luck

Thread Information