+1

Ultra 250 Buyers Group

Just in case any of the SD people are considering adding a 2007 Ultra 250 to their "fleet", be sure to check out my "Buyers Group" post on the Kawasaki Ultra 250X forum. I found a dealer who will sell the skis for only $200 over dealer invoice.

Richard
    [email protected]

+1
    Richard I posted on the kawi side.

Let me know.

What does $200 over invoice mean for total price w/o tax

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C View Post
    What does $200 over invoice mean for total price w/o tax
    The out the door price for the Ultra 250X for someone not residing in VA (no tax) is $10,189. This is $200 over the $9,989 invoice price.

Richard

+1
    It's a good thing Richard is doing here. And I really don't mean to be a wet blanket. But $10,189 before taxes is an aweful lot for an unproven ski. I know there is a bunch of hype and promise for this thing (I'm interested too), But a "brother-in-law deal" of over 10K before taxes etc. seems excessive to me. In 2004, I got the RXP for $8500 before taxes. Have skis increased in value that much in the last 2 years? A marketing person might say so, but I kind of doubt an economist would say so.

Before you slam me, I like the beauty pagent numbers of the new Kawi. I might get one eventually. But my thought is that, as good as this thing seems to be, Kawi is not going to be able gain significant market share unless they offer a reasonably priced "big dog" and go full bore on marketing and supply (i.e. more product and more dealerships offering their product). I don't think this ski will result in the opening of more dealerships, so they have to hope their dealerships do significantly more volume. This requires demand from the general public (not just us knowledgeable guys). Will the general public (i.e. the market drivers) know enough to push demand (and thus prices)? If not, the knowledgable hard core buyers will over pay initially based on Kawi's hope that the rest of the general public will follow suit. JMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    It's a good thing Richard is doing here. And I really don't mean to be a wet blanket. But $10,189 before taxes is an aweful lot for an unproven ski. I know there is a bunch of hype and promise for this thing (I'm interested too), But a "brother-in-law deal" of over 10K before taxes etc. seems excessive to me. In 2004, I got the RXP for $8500 before taxes. Have skis increased in value that much in the last 2 years? A marketing person might say so, but I kind of doubt an economist would say so.

Before you slam me, I like the beauty pagent numbers of the new Kawi. I might get one eventually. But my thought is that, as good as this thing seems to be, Kawi is not going to be able gain significant market share unless they offer a reasonably priced "big dog" and go full bore on marketing and supply (i.e. more product and more dealerships offering their product). I don't think this ski will result in the opening of more dealerships, so they have to hope their dealerships do significantly more volume. This requires demand from the general public (not just us knowledgeable guys). Will the general public (i.e. the market drivers) know enough to push demand (and thus prices)? If not, the knowledgable hard core buyers will over pay initially based on Kawi's hope that the rest of the general public will follow suit. JMO.

I really doubt if Kawi will ever sell anywhere close to the number skis that SD and Yammi do. For me that is a good thing. It makes the skis more unique and not like the dime-a-dozen skis from the big two. The new Ultra is reasonably priced in 2007 dollars. It offers more than the closest comparable ski..the RXT...in every area, yet is priced $100 less. Of course the RXT will probably be discounted (especially if demand for it slackens) while the Ultra will be going for list or near list price. Right now very few average Joes even know the 250 exists. The people who frequent these forums do, for the most part, but what percentage of PWC owners and potential buyers actually sign on to the forums? Probably only a small percentage. Kawi is going to have to have a good marketing plan with TV and newspaper ads to let the general public know this ski exists. I imagine it will win awards such as Watercraft of the Year, from the various publications. The 2004 the RXP was a sell out. Very few parts of the country offered any type discount on the MSRP which was $10,399 at the time. (Today, the 2007 RXP lists for $11,199, so things did increase in the past 4 years) Franco was lucky in that TX was one of the few states that offered prices that were actually lower than the wholesale price of $8,826. SD has always been known to offer special incentatives as a means to gain market exposure. This may be part of their success story.
    The RXP was an unknown product at this time back in 2003, much as is the Ultra today. The P was a hit and I think the 250 will be too ! So much so, that I'm willing to invest my $$ on one.

Richard

Well said Richard. 10K is pretty much the average now, and I am seriiously thinking about one myself.

Thread Information