Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

RE Block Offs? IJSBA Stock Class Legal?

Anyone know if the RE OPAS b/o's are stock class legal? I looked in the rule book, but it says no hull extensions are allowed... but the rivas are legal.

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    IMHO only the block off "plates" are legal, not the ones that go out to the side of the hull.

IE, THIS is & THIS isn't.

Not sure why Riva say they are legal. Although Dave B is pretty tight with the IJSBA so anything is possible?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by one1one View Post
    IMHO only the block off "plates" are legal, not the ones that go out to the side of the hull.

IE, THIS is & THIS isn't.

Not sure why Riva say they are legal. Although Dave B is pretty tight with the IJSBA so anything is possible?
    Too my understanding you can have "Trim Tabs" of up to 100mm and it says in the rule book that any extension to any part of the hull will be considered a "Trim Tab" the riva block offs are 100mm long but the REs are like 120mm.

We have guys here in the UK racing with the Riva extensions and for stock class we have to use IJSBA stock class rules for handeling and hull mods. We are not allowed to run the engine/ignition mods that you can with IJSBA stock rules.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by one1one View Post
    Maybe this is why?

"trim tabs can not exceed the width of the planing surface or extend rearwood more than 100.00mmm beyond the end of the original planing surface"

but I thought that it was still only Limited Class and up.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    It could also be argued that you are only covering up the holes left after removing the opas, and there are many ways of doing that.

+1
    Thanks for the response guys. The "trim tabs" thing makes sense... I think Scott made a "exception or loophole" for Riva, but the RE may be pushing it. Im also trying to find info regarding intercooler relo, and BOV rules for stock class also, if anyone knows. Also Im going to be a first year IJSBA participant for 2011 (Ive been racing a local outlaw club, but its a 1800cc and under open class basically), Im just wondering if anyone can PM me some tips or tricks to maximizing a "stock" class RXPX's potential. Thanks Again!

+1
    The Riva Pro-Series Block Offs are legal in Stock Class. I've been running them since 2007 when they allowed them at the WF. As for the REs I'd shoot Frazier an email to double check. The intercooler also has to stay in the OEM location for stock class. In Limited you're allowed to relocated and/or change it. I'd double check, but I'm pretty sure you can't run a BOV in stock class.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. The "trim tabs" thing makes sense... I think Scott made a "exception or loophole" for Riva, but the RE may be pushing it. Im also trying to find info regarding intercooler relo, and BOV rules for stock class also, if anyone knows. Also Im going to be a first year IJSBA participant for 2011 (Ive been racing a local outlaw club, but its a 1800cc and under open class basically), Im just wondering if anyone can PM me some tips or tricks to maximizing a "stock" class RXPX's potential. Thanks Again!
    You can change the ECU and run lightwieght retainers but cant change the springs.

Lower your stock sponsons by 23mm, get a lowered steering block and a nice grippy seat cover.

Prop it to 100-150rpm below the limiter so like 8500-8550 on a 8650 re-map.

You can run 8650 re-map with retainers safely enough.

Make sure your wear ring is good, and you dont have any cavitation.

Make sure your supercharger is not slipping, want 12Lb Feet of slip in the clutch.

You will also need a marine flame arrestor as it has to a number stamped on it to say its rated foe marine safety, have a look on the IJSBA website it will tell you what it needs to comply with.

You can play with the cam timing to move the power band around.

The X series ICs are prone to leaking make sure yours is not as that will hurt performance allot.

R88

+1
    Thanks guys, the 4tecs have a flame aerator internal to the intake correct? And also how do I lower my sponsons, and check the intercooler?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    Thanks guys, the 4tecs have a flame aerator internal to the intake correct? And also how do I lower my sponsons, and check the intercooler?
    Yes there is a flame arrestor in there but if you change the air intake as you have you need a flame arrestor on the end of the air intake tube and it has to be rated for marine use.

To drop the sponsons you just have to unbolt them from the inside, drill new holes 23mm further down the hull, fill the old holes, re-seal and bolt them back on using the new lower holes, this will make it turn real hard but predictable as well, Most of the riders in UK and europe are running this way on the RXP/RXP-X platform.

Yes take the hose off between the IC and throttle body and check that its dry then go ride hard and re-check it make sure there is no water or milky mess inside the IC, I have seen these fail on nearly brand new skis esspecially if they have been running higher then stock RPM

R88

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information