Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Favorite places in Northern California to ride!

Ok, so i have two skis and I'm in Sacramento. My local spots would be folsom and the river. I live right off 50 so I think i will start hitting the river soon. I have never taken a ski on the river since there seem to be lots of tards there. I'm gonna give it a shot. Hope it wont be too bad on week nights... Farwest seems a bit far... I have skied there more than any other place so far but the chop on weekends and traffic are just bad... So where are the secret spots that i just don't know about!! I would love to find some spots that i could do some testing at that aren't too populated. Maybe a place on the river that isnt so crowded. I haven't explored the river too much since when I'm on it I'm in my boat and usually just relaxing and trying to avoid the traffic.

Anyways if anyone has any secret spots they feel like letting me in on i wont tell!!! Hope to see some of the green hulk people out on our waters some time!!! If you see me say hi!

I haven't taken my ski to too many lakes in Northern California but I've always had a great time at Shasta and Trinity.

While both lakes are probably too far North for a day-trip I'd definitely recommend them if you can string together a few days off. I stayed at a lakeside cabin in Shasta that had their own launching area and docks - you can even leave your ski in the water all night if you like. The cabin was pretty rustic, but I didn't care it was just nice to have a place on the water to come back to and take a break or have lunch.

Concerning Trinity, it's very similar to Shasta but has fewer people on the lake because it's so far off the beaten path.

Yeah i would love to try out shasta. I have not been there yet but it is rather far from me. I have an RV so I'm not concerned with the camping part! I wish i could find some local place that would be good for doing some test runs that isn't over populated! Cant believe with all the riders we have in the Northern California area that so few post here!

+1

We like to go to Shasta

We haven't gone in a few years because water levels and boat launch fee have gotten out of control. But love it.

What about Lake Berryessa in Napa Co? My wife is from Napa, so everytime we visit we go there, beutiful lake, I always wish I had my ski with me when were there!

+1
    It will be easier to talk my wife into going to Napa with all the winery. I have to play that card. I just looked at lake Berryessa and looks like a Nice's lake. But looks like a ton of people would be coming from San Francisco. If I stay away from the 3 day weekends maybe. I will have to see.

Berryessa is a huge lake. You just have to get away from the boat launch areas!

+1
    Thank for the input. It sounds like everyone rides on the fingers and stays away from the main open area. Just like all lakes with the after noon wind chop. Was also thinking about going to Lake Orville but it probably pretty much a zoo too. I have been to shastina, whiskey town and Trinity lakes. There wasn't to bad of a crowd at Trinity and Shastina. But shastina is to small and boring. I would go back to Trinity again. But was thinking someplace different. If gas prices go up to much I will just shine it. Thanks again.

+1
    Shasta is actually full and the fees are still reasonable compared to other lakes ......but it is what it is....

Shasta is still one of the best and you can always find clean water when you know where to go ...heck even if ya dont just go up a arm and you will find a spot and at 11 feet down right now it's ready to shred.

Have u guys try rolling's lake in grass valley

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information