Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Is Great!!

This Is Great!!

After all the problems I've had going round and round trying to log in, password after password, I'm here!! Got my ski done and went to the lake with Doug for a little carb set/break in time. a tank or two and I might start playing with the AAT. I think I might leave the ring that's in there right now. Skat has a 14/27 superslim I'm interested in, although with the AAT the 13/26 might be the way to go, or go 14/27 and a bigger nozzle ring if rpm's go down too much. Who's going to mudbug next year from the Polaris forums? Me, Doug, and Wetherby need to make it out there to meet up and ride around.

+1
    Yo Dude!!!! WELCOME to the green hulk forums, great to see you made it!! How fast you running right now??

Banned User
    Hey Joe!

Glad to hear everything is working out. Mine is going to wait for a few more weeks, but I have everything I need for a build.

The Mudbug? You betcha. I'll be staying with the ex-inlaws.

My bro and my sis' BF cleaned out my Tahoe and left the cleaned out contents sitting outside my mom's garage. So a pair of Cerwin Vega 6 1/2" speakers and my Gecko 201 which I'm pretty sure was in my Tahoe are nowhere to be found. My sister and her BF probably stole it. She's done everything from steal my mom's identity to stealing her credit card to getting electricity put in my mom's name at her old apt. So in prob a month I can hopefully find a good deal on my Gecko at a pawn shop near her place? It was running around 7320 on short bursts with the new piston rings in it and a 17/26 swirl(story to the swirl) Which is about what it ran before. Center cyl was hotter than the front which was hotter than the rear cyl, so maybe a little more break-in I can measure compression and see what might be the cause of that. I've heard I can change something in the cooling bar to cool more/less?
    JOE

+1
    That bites, I have a sister just like that, she wonders why I never invite her to my home.

You can also eliminate the cooling bar and do the old head cover mod and have the water exit through some pissers.

Well I got the weird snowmobile cylinders, so I would have to defer those options to someone(Doug?) on my options. I do have three pissers though. I used to have three Jetworx flow control valves, I believe Randy told my builder another routing option which involves ONE valve for all three pipes. Doug said supposed to help the pipes more uniform?(Doug chime in any time). Doug has a little more grasp on what's done to it, although he said there's some things he hasn't seen before. My prop didn't mate well with the pump after I had my prop rewelded from Impros. I guess there was too much trailing edge, so my builder cut a little curve out the end of the blades to make it fit. How much this affects performance I don't know or if it makes prop to pump efficiency sloppy. But the rpm's were about where I thought they might be otherwise. I remember C&S fun center talking about taking a small bit off the end of the prop on my 96xp to raise rpm, so maybe now I have a less pitch prop?
    JOE

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    You still have the same pitch you just have less overlap/surface area now which reduces the drag on the motor...It can affect performance but done right probably not...I know reducing the blade length on the swirls has been used promisingly...

The single water line feeding the pipes is a old trick. Throw a jetworks valve on the one and only have to make the adjustments at one place to uniformly(sp?) affect all the pipes...

The outlets for the cylinders are easy no matter what cylinders you're using as you're actually modifying the head cover and not the cylinders. All you do is remove the water bar and tap the outlets that used to empty into the water bar, screw in some brass 90 degree barbed fittings and dump them overboard through thru hull fittings...Opens up your cooling capacity to match the additional water coming in and the additional heat being created by the added rpms...

+1
    The cooling mod on my HS head.

That's like Chris's water routing. No cyl's are real hot. Right now I want a GPS. Does the Magellan sportrak marine pro keep top speed on it? I can get a good deal on it, but have to wait till friday(payday). Some nice options for it, like a DVD or VHS tape on how to use the thing. Other than keep top speed, I don't really use them for any other purpose, maybe I can put the maps to use now. Any guesses on what top speed might be? R&D grate, op Ocean plate, NO wedge, 6 vein pump, 7300-7350 rpm's. Doug has a 2 wedge(save it for me Doug). Don't want any more wedge than that. Anything other I'll prob wait till next yr. Got to save for airfare for a disney cruise in a few months. I'd like a 8 vein and try the superslim for mph, other than that, I like the hookup. Maybe I can borrow a speed prop to see what I could do with it and a wedge just to post some nice #'s on here.

oh yeah I got a AAT to put on it too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information