+1

2006 seadoo rxp hard to start 4 stroke

I am posting for a friend, the ski sat for a while, and it starts right up but wont idle for very long??

any ideas?
    changed gas, had stabil in tank,??

+1
    I came over from the Polaris side to help out a buddy for his Sea Doo, Its is a 4 stroke,
    I race the 800 cc class with my 785 pro- 2 stroke tripple piped limited-- 4 strokes with a super charger are not my bag,
    The ski sat for 2 years without being run, he charged the battery, changed the fuel, but it is running like crap,any ideas is all I asked for??
    thanks,

+1

Just run it for an hour

Mine sat for 2-years as well with no stabilizer in gas (stored with full tank of gas ended up a 1/2 tank due to off gassing of volitile components leaving hard to combust reminants).

started fine, after 2-min of running would not idle, on river initial max speed 35-mph. (engine cuts out at higher than 3rd throttle)

Filled up with fresh gas, did not have time to drain old gas

ran it on the river again, carfully to avoid a lean condition (do not use wide open if it starts lean surging).

As time went by, could hold higher throttle positions with out surging or cutting out.

once I got to over 60-mph , i gave it to my visiting out of town family members to ride non stop for the rest of the day, they reported back to me that it ran as well as 2-years ago,

I hate for you to follow my course of action and blow up your ski, in hindsight the injectors might have cleaned up a lot faster with a high concentration of cleaner in the gas, perhaps the direct method used by the Dealer is the best way to go.

+1
    do normal routine.... after that long i'd change gas... change plugs... even change oil ..... take the hose off the fuel rail and put key on ignition to drain the gas out of tank... easier that way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    do normal routine.... after that long i'd change gas... change plugs... even change oil ..... take the hose off the fuel rail and put key on ignition to drain the gas out of tank... easier that way.
    Thanks for the tip, I never tried draining the fuel that way, I thought if no pressure build up after 5-seconds a fuel pressure sensor cuts power to the pump (I guess they only do that on cars)

+1
    2 years? Definitely change those plugs!

Thread Information