CIL marine paint

Has anybody used this stuff? Its a marine paint but says to be used above the water line. Would it be okay to use underneith as its not staying in the water, only to ride. Being up north here i'm kinda limited as to what's instore. We do have some stuff at the marine place but its so expensive. I think he wanted just over $100 for a quart of filler. Can normal bondo/body filler be used to fill in the bottom? Napa has that on the shelf.

TTT

+1
    Read my how to paint a jetski thread on the front page. that will tell you everything you need to know.. you can order whatever you need on line. forget the store.. ill show ya what ya need to get..

use only epoxy or vinyl ester bondo or marine tex on the bottom.. mostly the first 2 i mentioned.

do not use that paint below the water line. it will bubble. only gelcoat. period.

it will change color from being in the water after a while too. even if you take it out.. the lake is not water,, its a combination of grease, oil, dirt ,muck,grass,weeds, and other unknowns along with water.

if you wanted to do just paint and take it out each time.. i would recommend using awl-grip,, but thats 300.00 a gallon. get coat it's about 35/qt.

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Read my how to paint a jetski thread on the front page. that will tell you everything you need to know.. you can order whatever you need on line. forget the store.. ill show ya what ya need to get..

use only epoxy or vinyl ester bondo or marine tex on the bottom.. mostly the first 2 i mentioned.

do not use that paint below the water line. it will bubble. only gelcoat. period.

it will change color from being in the water after a while too. even if you take it out.. the lake is not water,, its a combination of grease, oil, dirt ,muck,grass,weeds, and other unknowns along with water. if you wanted to do just paint and take it out each time.. i would recommend using awl-grip,, but thats 300.00 a gallon. get coat it's about 35/qt.
    Yeah I read it and that's why I decided to paint it. I guess i'll have to order online then.

Thread Information