Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1994 Polaris slt750 impeller

Hi everyone, I havent posted on here in a year but now i have a question. The guy i bought my ski from did a lot of work to it and added performance parts, including a performance impeller. My question is, About how much speed would i lose if i put the stock impeller back and would i have a quicker start off from a dead stop? My top speed now is about 50. The reason i am asking this is because when i start making zig zags with the ski it just seems like it is straining it. Also if there are anyother pros and cons of doing that please let me know. Also if i am going to put the stock one back are there any seals or bearings or anything i should change? I bought it use so idk what he has done to it.
    Thanks

+1
    if your getting 50 with your special prop, your gonna loose about 2 mph with the stock one.. although, on a good day, leaning it right, into the wind, trimmed perfect,carbs dialed in,, you almost get 50 out of it anyways. doesnt sound like its too aggresive.. can ya see the number on it. its on the side of the prop,, see if you can get the number off it..

5131079 is a stock prop for a 95sl 750. let us know what it is if you can read it or pull the pump out and you can inspect the bearings in the stator, prop clearence,wear ring condition, thru hull bushing and seals, check the nose cone for water intrusion,stub shaft condition and driveshaft splines,, while your in there, grease up the splines on the driveshaft and stub shaft.. that keeps the "polaris rattle" to a minmum. Roll the driveshaft on a mirror to check for wobble too.

if you take the pump off, spin the bearings in there, it should feel nice n smooth.. like its new.. otherwise a rebuild kit is in order. about 50,00 on ebay.. zif you need help, ask us..

+1
    what other kind of performance stuff is on the ski?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Tough to say without knowing what was all installed.

Normally you trade 1 for the other. So if you lose some top end, you'll most likely gain bottom end acceleration.

Im going to take a look at the impeller.. Any tips on how to take the impeller out? This would be my first time doing it. I dont know exactly what has been done to it but i know a lot has been done.. I know all the suggested stuff was done like the new fuel lines and pump, [email protected] flame aresster and a few other thing but i cant remember right now. Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Tough to say without knowing what was all installed.

Normally you trade 1 for the other. So if you lose some top end, you'll most likely gain bottom end acceleration.
    Im ok with loosing a few mph as long as its not like 10.. If its just a few i would put the stock one back.. i think it will put less strain on the engine.. The guy gave me the stock prob too so ill post the number here tomorrow. Thanks

Sorry its been a while since i have been on here i have been busy. The spare stock prop that i have is a polaris 5131035. The performance prop that is on the ski right now is a skat trak, kawasaki, pitch 10/17(thats what i said on the box). Also is there a write up somewhere that explains in detail with pics on how to install/ remove the impeller. I never done this before so i am a little unsure. Thanks

+1
    Best place to start: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

5131035 = 94 SLT 750

ok thanks.. does anyone have any experience with the props i listed and notice any changes when u switch the props

+1
    I'm running a 95 SLT prop in one of my 94 SL's. My driveshaft and coupler gave out, so I just swapped assemblies. Wanted to get back on the water; I'll do it right when the season's over.

My kid rides that ski, and the only thing I've noticed is that he's a little slower out of the hole, but can catch me on the top end. However, I'm not sure if it's prop related, because I'm still screwing around with the carbs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information