Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Went with the R1

After much thought, I decided to go with the R1 instead of the C1 wheel. I can always add the wheel later so I feel pretty good about it. What has anyone with my mods seen in an acceleration increase with the R1 and what was the turn around time at R&D?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    After much thought, I decided to go with the R1 instead of the C1 wheel. I can always add the wheel later so I feel pretty good about it. What has anyone with my mods seen in an acceleration increase with the R1 and what was the turn around time at R&D?
    Youll enjoy it man! Youll need to do some pitching though.

+1
    I'm running the R-1 and c-3 wheel at 7920 rpms and 74mph, just shipped prop to Impros to get the rpms up to 8300-8400. I really didn't notice much of a change with just the reflash, but it's a new ballgame once you add the wheel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robk View Post
    I'm running the R-1 and c-3 wheel at 7920 rpms and 74mph, just shipped prop to Impros to get the rpms up to 8300-8400. I really didn't notice much of a change with just the reflash, but it's a new ballgame once you add the wheel.
    I noticed a huge difference just from the bump in timing alone. My BOV screams at me now! What pitch are you having Impors tweak on your prop? Im contemplating the C1 wheel for now just so I dont have to mess with AFR and a Powershot or a RRFPR.

+1
    I'm not sure what pitch, I just told them what it's for and what the rpms are now and that I want them to be 400-500rpms higher. They said they would take care of it. I don't have a powershot either, I thought they were only needed with the R-2 reflash.

+1
    I'm not sure what pitch, I just told them what it's for and what the rpms are now and that I want them to be 400-500rpms higher. They said they would take care of it. I don't have a powershot either, I thought they were only needed with the R-2 reflash.
    From what I read on their site and on here was that the Powershot was needed with anything over a C1 wheel. Maybe the C3 can be run without it.

+1
    You may be right, I just looked at the R&D website, it says only to run 91 octane with the R-1 and C-3 but no mention of the powershot. I look at the R-2 and R-3 and there is also no mention of the powershot and I know they need it.

+1
    You may be right, I just looked at the R&D website, it says only to run 91 octane with the R-1 and C-3 but no mention of the powershot. I look at the R-2 and R-3 and there is also no mention of the powershot and I know they need it.
    Hmm. Id be glad if it wouldnt take one to push a C3. Because thats the wheel I really want!!!

But this is what throws it all off:
    "R&D Powershot Fuel Control Units are not required on base entry (R1) programs using stock or C1 Wheels."

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Hmm. Id be glad if it wouldnt take one to push a C3. Because thats the wheel I really want!!!

But this is what throws it all off:
    "R&D Powershot Fuel Control Units are not required on base entry (R1) programs using stock or C1 Wheels."
    I'm installing a C1 wheel with my R2 this weekend and going to test out the AFR without a powershot. From the info I've gotten, the Powershot isn't needed for the C1 and R2. We shall see.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    I'm installing a C1 wheel with my R2 this weekend and going to test out the AFR without a powershot. From the info I've gotten, the Powershot isn't needed for the C1 and R2. We shall see.
    Have to let me know how you like it! You running a non-stock intercooler too??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information