West Michigan

Installed D-Plate, Having Issues

I just bought a d-plate for my 2000 1200XLL due to the exhaust overheating. Didn't realize it was such a job to install, but I think I did it right. Pulled out the cat and what I believe it was originally attached to, and replaced with the d-plate. Reinstalled the sensor just past the cat, but didn't hook it up, as the RIVA sensor chip took it's place. Checked all of the bolts and clamps, and I believe everything is tight.

Hooked it up to the hose and it seems the engine is running a little rough. I have a feeling it's either the spark plugs or the fuel. Another problem I am having is that water is not coming out of the pilot outlets.

Any idea on what my problem could be?

Sacramento, CA
    running rough as in how? Is it missing or something ? make sure your plugs are good, may of knocked one on accident lightly and cracked it without knowing... re check all the wires and hoses you may have disconnected.

West Michigan
    It just seems to be vibrating more than normal. It doesn't seem to be missing or anything. I think the RPMs are a little higher than they should be. It might be normal as I haven't owned the ski that long and I'm not used to it yet. If I can figure out why water isn't coming out of those pilot outlets I'll take it out on the water and see if it is running alright.

I know my fuel is low and the gas in my gas can has been in there awhile (although I still put a little in the ski), so I don't know if that would have something to do with it...

Minden, Nevada, United States
    When running on the hose, it does take a bit for the water to come out of the front 2 pissers. Your hose only has a small amount of water pressure. Make sure all clamps are secure, take it to the water, on the trailer and back it in, check for leaks then water test it.

Thread Information