sorry i need help again

On my fzr im installing manifold upgrade ring, will the throttle dody and intake manifold come out as 1 piece with bottom hose disconnected. thanks Carlos

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    On my fzr im installing manifold upgrade ring, will the throttle dody and intake manifold come out as 1 piece with bottom hose disconnected. thanks Carlos
    Carlos- Yes, the throttle body will be at the bottom of the manifold if you didn't disconnect it. I left the J tube attached to the throttle body when I lifted the Manifold out. Take it off when you need to get the throttle body off and put the new sleeve in. I then put the J tube back on the throttle body and put the whole manifold/throttle body and J tube back in the boat. You might have to line up the J tube to fit back onto the IC, but its easier than having to attach the J tube once the manifold is back on the motor in the hull.

Thanks poof im on my way back outside to do this portion of the job. thanks again.

+1
    I watched someone install their manifold upgrade before i did my own and a friends. I got to see where he struggled so I could avoid it. When putting the manifold back in. I attached the J-pipe to IC, but left hose clamp loose, then put bolt into J-pipe just a few threads,. Sprayed windex into couplers and when i put the manifold back it just popped into the J-Pipe with the downward force. Tightened the J-pipe then the clamps. So far i'm 2 out of 2. I watched the guy before me wrestle with trying to get the J-pipe bolt in for 45 min after connecting the couplers from the TB to the IC first.

For me, the most annoying part was getting the bolt back in that attaches the manifold bracket to head closest to IC. I had my wrist turned in ways it shouldn't be turned. After dropping the bolt under engine doing mine. I was smart enough to stuff a towel down there during the next one.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Good tip Kamikaze. He is right, that J tube bolt at the bottom of the hull is a royal PITA. Glad the Riva IC doesn't use that bolt any more At least they made something easy! lol

I didn't remove the Manifold brackets from the motor, rather took out the bolts on the bracket that held the manifold to the bracket. They are upside down, so you have to go by feel to get to them, but I figured it was easier to leave the bracket on the motor.

Thread Information