2006 VX1100 Delux Problem

My VX is now hard starting runs/stalls at idle in or out of the water, thought it was a plug because it was missing at idle and would stall occasionally. Noticed this initially when I would run water through it to flush. Replaced the plugs seemed okay for a short while but has gotten progressively worse. Now it's very hard starting. Ran the diagnostic 8 second press the button test with code 01. This is a low time machine 67 hours. Any ideas what I should be looking at and what is the cause? Oh checked the coils for resistance per service manual all values came in the same for each. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

SW Pa
    Did you check the air filter for oil?

Quote Originally Posted by rustydog001 View Post
    Did you check the air filter for oil?
    No I did not; tough I will take a look because I am aware that oil can cause havoc and I did not consiser it. Very Frustrating I read on one of the other forums that the plugs go bad easily on the VX1100. Though plugs seems to simple unless I purchased a bad batch. Anyway thanks I appreciate your input!

SW Pa
    I have not had plug issues thru about 40 hours. Excess oil vapor in the air box is returned to the engine for burning, liquid oil just sits in the bottom and screws up the air filter.

Thread Information