Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1

Just got a 99 Ultra 150

Ok as some of you may know I've been in the market for a new ski and was stuck between a GP1200 and an Ultra 150. Well so much for trying my luck with a yamaha haha kawasaki #3 here we go. It had the engine replaced in 07 with about 40 hours since then. It has been switched to "premix" the carb hoses plugged, and the two counterweight oil lines are still there. I ordered new tygon hose today and that's my first order of business switching it back to factory oil injection. Ill post up some pics tomorrow, its been a long day and I'm goin to sleep.

+1
    Good! Great 'Ski! I don't know why some people have to butcher the oil system on these things.

+1
    I absolutely love this thing I had it out the past 3 days and I love it. Compression numbers front to back were 122, 121, 121. Today my friend raced his uncle's 07 Ultra 250X, it was roughly 6-8 inch chop on the bay when they made their first pull apparently the 250 thought he was gonna toy around with the 150 before blowing past him.. haha, wrong. The 250 caught up and got close but just couldn't pass the 150 across the bay. It was awesome. Then they raced from a stop and my friend didn't know about the holeshot with the trim down left it full up and got smoked. However, 10 mins later when I went to ride it the trim wouldn't move at all, says full up but if you press up or down the display goes blank and resets like when you cycle the key off and on. And I noticed my bilge pump stopped working ten minutes after I had seen it pump a much longer than usual 20 something seconds worth of water out. I'm confused, I need a manual as I'm not even sure where to check the fuses.. I feel like the bilge and the trim problems are related. And also my fuel gauge always reads 6 bars is it just the sending unit sticking I prob gotta take it out and free it up?

+1
    I don't have the wiring diagram close by, but there are two circuit breakers in the wiring harness in the upper right front corner of the engine bay.

On a 99 the breakers are above the battery.

Is the cable still hooked up to the oil pump? If not I would think about hooking it back up...if its not hooked up the oil pump defaults to full output (which isnt terrible) but it would be better to limit the amount of oil at diff rpms with the cable hooked up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    On a 99 the breakers are above the battery.
    I accidentally hooked my battery up backwards the other day on my '99. I popped a breaker. I reset it. It was on the upper right front corner of the engine bay.

+1
    DOH!! Wow can't believe I forgot that.. No I just got the fuel line but forgot to order a new cable.. Ordering new one in 3 minutes haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced250 View Post
    Is the cable still hooked up to the oil pump? If not I would think about hooking it back up...if its not hooked up the oil pump defaults to full output (which isnt terrible) but it would be better to limit the amount of oil at diff rpms with the cable hooked up.
    I believe cable is MIA

Its not the worst....and it not something that has be to done right away but if you get chance order the cable and throw in on there this way its not dumping WOT oil into cyl 1 and 3 it can be variable depending on rpms youll get SLIGHTlY better performance and LESS risk of fouling a plug at lower RPMS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information