My New Rebuilt GP1300

Hey..well as yall could see im new to all this..ive always liked jet skis so i finally bought one like a month ago and the worse happened..yeap i blew my engine..took it to the shop n according to the mechanic the person who did the head dis it wrong so it cause the pistons to hit or wat not..the thing is it blew n now i need to rebuild my engine and i enjoyed it soo much those 3 times i actually got to take it out lol that i wanna do my best n do something good nice and clean this time. i will post pics later for now i need to know a couple of things..

1st. just one cylinder n piston from yamaha runs me about $1130..which is crazy.. i found out about the SBT top end cylinder kit for $700 bucks so i need to know if thats a good choice?
    Last edited by Quicky; 08-08-2010 at 04:01 PM.

+1
    mixed opinions on sbt stuff. some like some dont. if the cyl walls arent rough you can re use them. use pro x pistons ( go look at the riva site) new wrist pin bearings, new head gaskets, base gaskets, and top it off with wave eaters and a lowell horning pressure test kit. cant go wrong.

how many hours on the ski?

should be around 80 now..its a 07 almost new man.. but according to my mechanic i have to redo the head or it might/will happen again..the cylinders were also ported so w.e new cylinder i get i got to get it ported also so all that (1 new cylinder 2 pistons n the head work n cylinder work runs me about 1600 bucks) here are some pics so u guys could tell me what u think..

-this is the cylinder thats bad

- this one could be fixed according to the mechanic

other pics

FML!
    Last edited by Quicky; 08-08-2010 at 04:02 PM.

+1
    you can have that cylinder redone by Millenium Technologies for $225 as good if not better then new. Piston kits are available for around $130.
    Why does he think the head caused it? I would be looking elsewhere heads do not usually cause problems.

+1
    now that I look at the picture closer, I would say that whoever did that exhaust port caused your issue. That is some pretty sketchy looking porting work.

i feel u Bill..he also mentioned something about the porting on the cylinders also..dats why i wanted to get a brand new set of 3 cuz if those are done incorrectly thn theres really no use for them no more..or is it?

Thread Information