+1

Sl 780 new question. replacing the rod

Hi, To keep everyone up to date. I am a newbie and are facing alot of problems with my SL 780 rebuilt. This to you guys, I have been able to get though and now I am in the main problem. the piston rod. I need to replace one of the rod and its bearing as it is kind of loose, well it is loose enought to touch the side of the crankshaft side.....

So now I am looking at it and notices that (i hope i am wrong) the rob cannot be change? it is mechine press? can anyone tell me if it can be replace and how to do it?

+1
    you have to send it out to someone that can rebuild these 2 stroke cranks.. they are pressed together

+1
    Start Wrenching. You'll have the crank out in 3 hours on the bench ready to ship.

keep everything seperate in baggies labled and organized. take pictures as you go for reference later. video would be great too. If you forgot how to re assemble, we'll help ya get it back together..

+1
    How much does this rebuilt usually cost? Would love to know so that i don't over pay. thanks

+1
    basically, you can buy a long block for 899.00 plus a good core for return,or buy a crank for 250 or so and get the gaskets kits, 69.00. pistons ,rods, circlips, rod bearings, piston pins are all extra.. plus boring if its needed or your planning on that also.. just depends on what ya want to do..

or you could send it out and get just the 1 rod fixed.. up to you really.. or get a used good crank, but thats tricky,, you never know what your getting exactly.. you pay shipping both ways I believe too. its heavy!,$$$$

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    basically, you can buy a long block for 899.00 plus a good core for return,or buy a crank for 250 or so and get the gaskets kits, 69.00. pistons ,rods, circlips, rod bearings, piston pins are all extra.. plus boring if its needed or your planning on that also.. just depends on what ya want to do..

or you could send it out and get just the 1 rod fixed.. up to you really.. or get a used good crank, but thats tricky,, you never know what your getting exactly.. you pay shipping both ways I believe too. its heavy!,$$$$

weell, i have everything bought, the piston the complete gaskets. the only thing I need is to get the rod fix. do you know a place that i can get this done?

by the way, can i put back the old crank until it broke if it will. the reason i am thinking of changing it because the last rob have more "play" space then the first two. but whe i turn it is still smooth.

Thread Information