Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Open loop question

I have been riding few hours with the open loop kit with thermo now..
    But im still not sure if the oilcooler gets the water it needs.. I have heard that the hose on the top of the J-pipe dont have so much water pressure... Do you use the same? to get the water flow to the oilcooler?.. I think that is the hose which is coming from the flush connector on a stock ski

I have done some mods to the open loop kit.. I have a T coupler on the hose betveen pump/engine. from the T a have seperate 1/2" hose to the intercooler.. and this is going straight out by a 8mm fitting

and i have drilled upp the washer to 10mm..

But the engine feels real warm after 30minutes riding.. I dont remember if the engine was so warm even with the closed loop cooling

the water temperature here in Sweden is round 65 F

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp_kimmo View Post
    I have been riding few hours with the open loop kit with thermo now..
    But im still not sure if the oilcooler gets the water it needs.. I have heard that the hose on the top of the J-pipe dont have so much water pressure... Do you use the same? to get the water flow to the oilcooler?.. I think that is the hose which is coming from the flush connector on a stock ski

I have done some mods to the open loop kit.. I have a T coupler on the hose betveen pump/engine. from the T a have seperate 1/2" hose to the intercooler.. and this is going straight out by a 8mm fitting

What open loop kit is it???

What were your reasons for changing anything??

There is alot of pressure and flow that comes off the top of the J pipe so no worries there, Just to give you an idea, My open loo runs only a 8mm line to the oil cooler and that is restricted to 3mm in and out, you dont need much cooling. R88

and i have drilled upp the washer to 10mm..

But the engine feels real warm after 30minutes riding.. I dont remember if the engine was so warm even with the closed loop cooling

the water temperature here in Sweden is round 65 F

Oh sorry... its a Riva Kit..

The reason was from the begginging that the RR intercooler have not the same size (3/4") its only 1/2 on the water connectors.. then i didnīt want have the extremly high pressure thru the intercooler..

Have you modded your J-pipe (this 3 small holes for water out to the waterbox)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp_kimmo View Post
    Oh sorry... its a Riva Kit..

The reason was from the begginging that the RR intercooler have not the same size (3/4") its only 1/2 on the water connectors.. then i didnīt want have the extremly high pressure thru the intercooler..

Have you modded your J-pipe (this 3 small holes for water out to the waterbox)
    1 of my skis hasnt got a J Pipe but the other that has no iv not modded it atal.

Im sure the IC will be fine with the high pressure.

If you look under the J pipe between the mani and the J you will see a water feed for the J

T'd off of that is a small 8mm line that normally goes to the end of the exhaust, this is the line that feeds my oil cooler.

Even iff you had drilled out the 3 holes it would not effect the water thru the oil cooler. R88

+1
    In the water your running you don't need the oil cooler

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iron head View Post
    In the water your running you don't need the oil cooler
    Yes he does coz he has the thermo fitted, the oil would soon be overheated.

If he didnt have a thermo fitted then yes he would not need the oil cooler as his engine temps would likely be low enough to keep the oil temps well under control.

R88

+1
    Bar the flush parts and the thru hull I followed the riva instructions which include the oil cooler lines.

+1
    With the riva thermo no cooler oil temp is 215 at 8550 rpm with 10/60 oil

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Bar the flush parts and the thru hull I followed the riva instructions which include the oil cooler lines.
    Ok.. yes the flush kit was going straight to the garbage.. but i think the intercooler get enought water.. and because of the thru hull bleeding (from 16mm to 8mm) on the intercooler waterline.. it wont loose to much pressure i hope. rest of the watercooling diagram is like the Riva instructions says

thats why i drilled up the washer to 10mm.. to get some more waterflow..

but do the both water & oil temp have a alarm if the temperature is to high?

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    If you look under the J pipe between the mani and the J you will see a water feed for the J

T'd off of that is a small 8mm line that normally goes to the end of the exhaust, this is the line that feeds my oil cooler.R88
    I have that line plumbed straight over board. It never gets hot enough, I think it comes off the the exhaust to early. I use the outlet off the top of the J-Pipe and still have it metered down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information