Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lack of fuel on supply hose !msx140

i have had some problems with the engine warning light and found that the supply hose for fuel is leaking at the first clamp, where the hose from the first injector is meeting the hose from the fuel pump. could this bee the reason that the engine is getting hot after a short time ( wrong mixure of gas and air and bad cooling from lilltle gas ? ) . and it would not respond so good to the throttle after a while ( not getting fuel? ). it is a msx 140 and the fuel pressure is 20psi :S

what else could make the engine hot ? tryed no thermostat and the watersystem is working fine

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    First off, fix the fuel leak. There should be zero fuel leaking inside the hull. Fuel fumes in the enclosed hull space present a real explosion hazard. Get it fixed, and make sure the hull is well cleaned out and aired out.

If you have 20+ PSI fuel pressure, then the fuel system is fine.

Overheat is almost always a clog or restriction in the cooling water system. Did you remove the thermostat and the hot engine problem went away? If yes, then replace the thermostat.

i am getting it fixed today. there is nothing clogget up in the cooling system...when i rev it on the water with the fluch-kit open there is much water coming out but it lastet a little longer before the warninglight came on after taking out the thermostat..btw, the thermostat is brand new .

but if there is a leak in the hose, wouldent that iterupt the fuel/air mix in the sylinder at full throttle ? after 5 sec on full throttle it just dies out like its not getting fuel enough.

+1
    There is a separate cooling water circuit for the exhaust water injection. Make sure that is clear. There is a mesh screen filter, and an orifice flow restrictor. Both need to be clear.

On the MSX 140, it is the small hose that loops across the top of the exhaust. See photo

Also make sure the water flow from the thermostat housing to the hull exit fitting is not restricted. And that the by-pass valve/spring in the thermostat housing is not sticking closed.

The fuel system is pressurized, so a fuel leak will not allow air into the fuel supply. A small fuel leak is a safety issue, but will not affect engine operation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5200028.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	208775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5200038.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	208776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5200037.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	208772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6230411.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	208771  

that plug in the exhoust is stuck...cant get it out, but i can easily blow trought the nipple and the hose. just came back from testing and now the red light and overheating sign is constantly on from the second i start it up the water temp sensor ohms fine ( 968 @ 25C but can it bee broken anyway ?

what could actuly make the red blinking light and the overheating sign apear ? what temperature is overheating ?

thanks for anwser K447

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris.msx View Post
    ... the water temp sensor ohms fine ( 968 @ 25C but can it bee broken anyway ?..
    At 77F (25C) the water temp sensor should measure 985 - 1015 ohms.

Unplug the sensor - does the HOT warning go away?

I suspect your sensor has been cooked by an overheated exhaust at some point.

if i unplug the sensor, then the warning is constantly on as it is now. did 968ohm seem little at 25 C...could that bee out of range ?

+1
    if i unplug the sensor, then the warning is constantly on as it is now. did 968ohm seem little at 25 C...could that bee out of range ?
    968 ohms is a tad low (reading depends on the actual temperature at the time you measure), but I am suspecting that the EMM has a problem.

Find a 1,000 ohm resistor (that measures right around 1,000 ohms), and bridge it across the unplugged wire harness connector. If the red lamp still lights, then the EMM has a problem.

i bought a 1000ohm resistor yesterday nad now its running great thanks the sensor had a bad conection some where, and thats why the warning came on for a while and went away again :P so now i am out and doing some wave jumping

+1
    i bought a 1000ohm resistor yesterday and now its running great thanks

the sensor had a bad conection some where, and thats why the warning came on for a while and went away again :P

so now i am out and doing some wave jumping
    Don't leave that resistor in there, replace that temp sensor with a good one. The EMM uses that water temp data to help manage the engine.

And if you do happen suck up some junk and clog the water cooling, you want that red lamp to tell you before you damage the engine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information