Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

04 rxp no power 6400 with a rebuilt supecharger WTF?

Ok guys I am in trouble here. Wifey is pissed, kids are sad and i am in the dog house. I bought this rxp knowing the charger had come apart. I got it for cheap! I bought new oil pumps, covers, and oil seperator. Took the motor out flached and replaced said parts. I was pressed for time so I took the charger to my dealer. I used to work at this dealer and am friends with the tech that did the rebuild. I am confident it is right. I get the whole job done late friday night, before our big family party on the lake. everyone is pumped to ride the new rocket. Put it in the water and 53ish MPH and 6400rpm. so i think must have poped a hose off or something. I look it all over and find nothing. I rode it for 1/2 hour or so to please the kids. then i dug deeper to try to find the problem. Nothing! I have cheked compression at 145 psi in all three. the pump is fine, installed a new waer ring to be safe, i can not slip the charger by hand. i put new plugs in it,(even after riding for 1/2 hour the looked NEW.TOO NEW?) I checked to see if it had the knock sensor pig tail nd it did. not sure where to go from here.

I did notice that on the BUDS, the man. pres. sensor said 14.3 but did not go up when you rev it. is this nornal on the hose? you can see the intake swell up when you rev it.

ANY THOUGHTS? where could i put a boost gauge in the intake? do people drill and tap the manifold or is there a port to use that i am not seeing.

My number is 603-630-5408 please feel free to give me a call if you think you can help. summer is faidind fast here!

Thanx Heath

+1
    I would double check the slip to be sure..Mistake can and will happen when putting these things together...

+1
    drill and take the manifold is your only option for a boost gauge with the stock intercooler.

how long was the ski been sitting before you took it out?

how does it sound at idle?

what did you set the slip to?

+1
    how does the impeller look?

+1
    Tps? Bad gas?

Only thing I can thing of as of now.

Banned User
    +1
    6400 rpm means the SC is not doing squat...Pull the intake hose off, put your finger in there, and SPIN the SC...if it spins, pull it out.

What did he use to rebuild the SC? A current BRP rebuild kit? If so, it would have metal washer and probably didn't get torqued down right...

yes it was a brp kit, i did the boost gauge and i get 7psi out of the water. the impeler is good it does have a nick or two in it but not bad.

i plan to test fuel presure tomorrow. the plugs i pulled out when i did the motor were black, rich i suspect because the sc was not working and it was not getting the air now the plugs are like new even after running for 1 or so, the boost is there now it looks like it is lean. the ski has 74hrs btw.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vegtech View Post
    i plan to test fuel presure tomorrow. the plugs i pulled out when i did the motor were black, rich i suspect because the sc was not working and it was not getting the air now the plugs are like new even after running for 1 or so, the boost is there now it looks like it is lean. the ski has 74hrs btw.
    So have you been able to test your TPS?(throttle position sensor)

Or your gas, how old was that gas that was in the tank? Could water have possibly gotten in?

fuel was last season. about a half tank. i pumped most of it out and topped it off with super. i did have the tps checked with buds. the only thing i saw on buds that did not make sence was the manifold pressure sensor. do you know if it should go up as you rev it? it reads atmopheric (14.3) when you start it but it does not seam to come up when you rev it. i dont know how responsive the ecm is at showing the boost but i only rev it foe a second. iv anyone has buds and can look at that see if theres comes up

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information