Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

rtx impellor ??????

i have a stock 05 rxt thinking of 2.5 DEg wedge and 14- 17 impellor is this a good match.

Dave at Impros is setting me up with a 13.5/17.5 solas. If you are doing the stock you need to do a 12/19. I have a custom stage I and I'll let you know how my 13.5/17.5 goes next week.

If you do a 2.5 I would flip your plastic bushing on the bottom of the steering nozzle(faster top speed). If you don't like how that feels go with a 2 degree and keep the steering nozzle in the stock setting.

Don't forget to get the riva intake because after the wedge it kinda feels loose.

The Riva wedge slowed my RXT down 1 MPH and was the same on my RXP. I'm trying a two deg and re drilling the lower hole to be in the middle so nozzel is not tiped up or down

Burnwater, when you flip the bushing it makes the nozzle straight with the venturi. If you put it in the middle I think it would give it a slight upward angle. Post the results though because I think there is a mph or 2 for the RXT by tweaking out the pump housing to the steering nozzle.

I'm going to try to angle my pump nozzle and extend it to go along with the wedge.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Burnwater,

I too thought that the nozzle would be either up or down depending on the position of the bushing. After checking the pump nozzle positions on a flat bench, with a level and tape measure, I discovered that the bushing tilts the nozzle up or points it straight back. That's not to say that putting the hole in the center wouldn't be a good compromise, but the nozzle would still be slightly tilted up with this confuguration.

I still get my best speeds with a 2.5 degree wedge and the bushing turned so it points the nozzle straight back.

Hope this helps,

Jeff & Annette

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Kinchyle, You and I posted that at the same time... like minds I guess

The 2-degree wedge adds .185 of tilt up. Flipping the bushing moves the nozzle almost .365 in the opposite direction so even with a 2 deg wedge flipping the bushing will give you a negative .200 +- .040 from stock position with no wedge, and my nozzle on my RXT points down not straight. I have the solution and that is a fixed Floating joint joint with an elongated bushing so the nozzle is adjustable give me one Hour and it will be done. Skippy at Race Tech will be making them.

Nice, Burnwater, let us other RXT folks hear the good news. My solution was to go with a 3+degree wedge. My wedge is 1/8 in the front and .75inches in the back. I did a 1 inch in the back and it was way too much. The rxt kept trying to jump out of the water.

OK boys here it is totaly adjustable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adj4_133.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adj3_547.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adj2_567.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adj1_108.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	649  

WOW! I'm impressed. Are those going to be for order ? I wouldn't mind tweaking my rxt to see what different angles would do.

Burnwater are you going to stick with the 2 degree or go to a 2.5 ?

I would think the more straight the steering nozzle, is would be more efficient waterflow.

I'm sure your testing will show some figures...

You could probably put a flat bar inbetween the nuts and make it like a rideplate extension or a steering fin hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information