Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

J B Weld in Gay Spray hole?

I just pulled the part of the pump where the Gay Spray is. I was going to fill the hole for the gay spray with J B Weld, let dry and then grind and sand everything flush around the hole. Will the J B Weld work?

+1
    Yes, JB Weld will work just fine. If you're going to go to the trouble of doing that, also go ahead and pull the entire nozzle off. Take a good sized bolt that will barely fit down in the siphon tube sticking out on the inside of the nozzle, put it down in there, and hammer that siphon tube out. Fill it with JB Weld and sand it down too.

Getting rid of the siphon tube will actually gain you a little RPM. Filling the gay-spray hole just get's rid of the spray, no gains really.

+1
    Yes it would work.

But some after market cooling kits use the guy spray as a extra cooling line. Just something to keep in mind if you go that way in the future.

+1
    Don't JB weld it. Doing that is like saying you want to put some JB Weld in your penis hole because you are not sexually active. Wait a few years. Before I used it as a extra cooling line...I did this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Don't JB weld it. Doing that is like saying you want to put some JB Weld in your penis hole because you are not sexually active. Wait a few years. Before I used it as a extra cooling line...

Or just take the hose off goin from the pump nozzle up to the bottom side of the rear deck. And no more gay spray. And if u want to hook up another cooling line later on just connect it to the top of the nozzle where the hose went. Dont worry bout adding a bolt or jb weld. Just take the damn hose off and be done with it!!

I am kinda worried about getting rid of the bilge siphon. I worry about the electric pump going out or something and then I am toast. Good to know though about using the bilge siphon for extra cooling.

Thanks,
    Charles

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    I am kinda worried about getting rid of the bilge siphon. I worry about the electric pump going out or something and then I am toast. Good to know though about using the bilge siphon for extra cooling.

Thanks,
    Charles
    the stock siphon does work well indeed and is pretty fool proof.....

+1
    Carlos, I did the same thing. Works very well. I may have to replace the handle after the year with a stainless piece though. The 1/2" value was under $5 at Home Depot. I use the clear reinforce tubing *between* the pump and the valve and hose clamps as this will be under some serious pressure and would blow off otherwise. I just cut the regular piece for the top section. I also tied the tube to the hull to keep it away from the reverse bucket and keep it from bouncing. So far it's survived some pretty good bouncing (jumping) on the waves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000069.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	208784

+1
    Where you put your JB weld is your business. I think you're on the wrong forum. lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information