+1

Just cut out while wide open!

My engine just shut off while I was at WOT... and no, the key did not pop out and was in securely. It was about 102F out today and I was running at WOT for about 2 minutes and then all of a sudden then engine just stops. It felt like I put a piston through the block. If the buzzer went off I sure didn't hear it. I pulled off the rear seat and checked for water, but no leaks. I waited afew minutes and restarted. No problem, everything ran fine from that point on. Later, we went back to the dock and ran a hose through the open loop system and there were no clogs. The hose coming from the intercooler to the supercharger was quite hot, but I would expect this on a 102F day.

Did this ever happen to anyone?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    My engine just shut off while I was at WOT... and no, the key did not pop out and was in securely. It was about 102F out today and I was running at WOT for about 2 minutes and then all of a sudden then engine just stops. It felt like I put a piston through the block. If the buzzer went off I sure didn't hear it. I pulled off the rear seat and checked for water, but no leaks. I waited afew minutes and restarted. No problem, everything ran fine from that point on. Later, we went back to the dock and ran a hose through the open loop system and there were no clogs. The hose coming from the intercooler to the supercharger was quite hot, but I would expect this on a 102F day.

Did this ever happen to anyone?
    If it re-started ok I wouldnt worry to much maybe you got some air in the fuel system of something.

R88

Happened to me once, engine went into "limp mode" when doing WOT on a river,
    not a pleasant experience as i was left without any control just ahead of a sharp bend
    Turned out that my oil was so contaminated with fuel and becoming so thin after installing a RRFPR, that sensor couldnt pick it up anymore despite level rising on the stick...and it cut the engine for a few secs with a single loud beep, no fault code.
    I change my oil every 15-20h since and it never happened again

+1
    Great advice Petrius, thanks. I will check my oil for GIO this morning. I have just switched to AMSOIL. I do change my oil every 10h.

Thread Information