Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vx110 vs fx's 4 strokes

Hey fellas i hope everyone is well... Im new to this forum and im gathering parts to swap a 4 stroke into my GPR... I have a few options here like fx motors or vx110's and here is my main problem... I would like to know the main diferences between these two classes... I know compression ratios are lower on the vx's but i wanted to know what else are the differences here... Im aplles to snatch a running vx for about 2k but the fx's are more like around 3 to 4 k's for a full running ski.... Please help me decide.... Thank you all.

Bump x3 wow noone has any ideas on the power differences or why the power differences??? Really?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stang4u2nv View Post
    Hey fellas i hope everyone is well... Im new to this forum and im gathering parts to swap a 4 stroke into my GPR... I have a few options here like fx motors or vx110's and here is my main problem... I would like to know the main diferences between these two classes... I know compression ratios are lower on the vx's but i wanted to know what else are the differences here... Im aplles to snatch a running vx for about 2k but the fx's are more like around 3 to 4 k's for a full running ski.... Please help me decide.... Thank you all.
    go with fx because of the power difference.

+1
    Contact this GH Member to see if it is still available as a donor ski.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-va&highlight=

+1
    The main difference between the VX, FX,& FX HO is header style exhaust (4-2-1) VS log style. 4 throttle bodies VS 1 on a log style intake manifold. The rest of the HP is probably in the ECU + cams, etc. If you happen to find one of the latest HO's equipped with the 1800cc it would be even sweeter (except GPH).

Scott

ok so it doesn't sound too bad....what i'm planning on doing is buying an 07 vx 110 and putting it in the gpr...then as time goes buy start modifying it with the HO parts. i'm taking this route because i live in south florida and cops here are not tolerating any kind of engine transplant without original papers... so if i buy a legit motor i'll have legit papers and i won't get in trouble.... this is why i'm taking this longer route.thanks for all the replies....one more question since the HO can be put into a gpr then i'm sure or at least i think that a vx 110 should be about the same...RIGHT?

ok guys i'm very excited since i have acquired almost all the necessary parts for the swap.....all i need now is a 4 stroke motor with harness and a dashboard......i got the mounts,water box, fx halfshaft, gp1300 fuel tank with fx pump in there, fx bilge pump, flush hose, Riva ride plate cut allready, intake grate and other smal stuff......ONE big question i have is my hull came with a 1200r pump and impeller...thats all cute but the impeller seems very shiny as opposed to a stock impeller...the numbers on the impeller say (68A00) what kind of impeller is this??? dynafly, solas, concord??? i tried looking it up but nothing shows up and its definitely not stock....and its in pristine condition any ideas?

any ideas?

Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information