02 f1200-x stuck wastegate

I have an 02 Aquatrax trubo and the wastegate stuck. I have pulled the turbo off and seperated the wastegate housing from the trubo. I have tried PB blaster and some muscle to losen it up, however it is still pretty tight. Any suggestions on how to get it un-stuck or replacement parts? Honda says they only sell that as one peice and its $3200. Please help!

+1
    If it is rust inside the shaft's bore, carefully take a small pneumatic hammer [air hammer] with a blunt punch/chisel in it and use it to tap the end of the actuator shaft while it is being sprayed with PB blaster. Vibration is rust's worst enemy and I break frozen stuff loose all the time this way. Just be gentle and wear ear protection. The rust will pour out of it.

+1
    try that first. If no luck then take it to a turbo shop. If no luck then call majesticturbo.com and talk with john and send to him...he can fix it for cheap. Best bet is JR's...set up a vibration.

i am planning on purchasing a 2005 honda aquatrax r-12x this weekend and the wastegate does have a little corosion on it. the ski has 75 hours on it. should this be a major concern for me? thanks for any quick response.

waste gate does have a little cerosion...HELP

I plan on purchasing a 2005 honda aquatrax r-12x and the wastegate does have signs of a little corosion...the ski has 76 hours on it and besides taht is excellent condition. should this be a big red flag to me as a buyer not to buy?
    Thanks for any comments or help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydodgeram View Post
    i am planning on purchasing a 2005 honda aquatrax r-12x this weekend and the wastegate does have a little corosion on it. the ski has 75 hours on it. should this be a major concern for me? thanks for any quick response.
    nah hell it'll probably run forever. You might put some naval jelly or rust disolver on it, then keep it sprayed down with boeshield or crc or some heavy duty rust preventer/silicone spray a few times a year. Preventive now will help avoid trouble later.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydodgeram View Post
    I plan on purchasing a 2005 honda aquatrax r-12x and the wastegate does have signs of a little corosion...the ski has 76 hours on it and besides taht is excellent condition. should this be a big red flag to me as a buyer not to buy?
    Thanks for any comments or help.
    I responded to your PM.

Thread Information