Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ride plates , intake grates ??? really work

do ocean pro's ride plates an intake grate really make a difference enough 2 buy them ?

welll do they .

im gonna tear apart tha prop an stuff wondering if there worth it will im in there replaceing a drive shaft an maybe an impellor

+1
    It really depends on what you're looking for. I think most have found the combination of the OP ride plate coupled with the short wing intake grate to be a GREAT combo for both smooth and choppy water.

Remember the guy going around the bouys is going to look for something like a Jet Dynamics grate and really pull that boat down to keep it better hooked-up in the choppy water and maybe toss on a 2-4 degree wedge to keep the nose planted. It equals speed loss but much better handling.

The guy looking for nothing but top speed and a slippery ride is going to thow in a 6 degree wedge (lift the nose), smooth/flat ride plate and probably the stock intake grate to squeak some top speed.

The question is always of course, what's the trade off from one set-up to the other. The reason you always get different responses have to do with HP, impeller choice, hull type and weight on the craft to name a few.

So the question does ultimately come back to you and your riding preference.........
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 10-15-2006 at 10:06 AM.

i just wanna go fast , handleing isnt a big thing but can be improved i take my ski out on tha tuesday mornings with calm water an when no bodys out on tha lake .

just want something 2 throw a lil spice for next season im not gonna tear down tha motor just yet im gonna wait for tha rebuild 2 bolt on stuff ,

there both 60 for tha intake grate an 89 for tha ride plate .

any body used hydro turf ? tha oem stuff is kinda peeling back an was wondering if they are worth 90 $

+1
    Check with Jay at atlanticpowersports he was blowing some stock Polaris mats for like 20 bucks.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

ride plate

the sltx takes the long plate,i thought those were like 125.00 thru o/p.still well worth it for that ski as well as the 6 wedge for top end speed

+1
    I bought my ocean pro rideplate from TX pro1200 and I got about a mile per hour. I did not change the grate due to potential loss of top end. I do all lake riding so this may be a different situation for you. good luck.

so its ya on tha ride plate an maybe on tha intake grate , if i dont like em ill just get rid of em ....

+1
    you'll love the ocean pro. I tracks across waves and makes the boat stable. I think (IMO) it also helps handling too.

ya i like jumpin wake an stuff butt thats about as far as wavego an handleng for this thing is like a caddy turning shoping cart with concrete filled 2 tha prim ,,,,

i was thinking of sponson's but they dont seem like they would help much

anything is better than stock but they look useless pretty much

+1
    about the sponsons. Someone (I think it was Pho2craft) suggested cutting the stock sponsons shorter and it worked. A little top end and better handling. I was skeptical at first, but it works. Do a search or contact Pho2craft and he should be able to help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information