Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question 95 spx i need help im out of suggestions

Ok i bought this ski about 3 weeks ago and it ran fine the first day... second day it was bogging down at full throttle so i replaced fuel selector and all the fuel lines and cleaned the carbs i took it back out and i had the one way valve on the vent tube in backwards so i sucked water into the engine i got that fixed... Ok so yesterday me and my girl go to try it out it ran great no bog started fine went all over the lake stopped swam a little got back on ran fine we did this several times! at rode back to the dock to load up my girl was going to drive around to the dock when she started it up it didn't want to go anywhere full throttle was like a slow idle? i thought she just flooded it out ? so i took it back to day put it in the water started right up ran fine cut all across the lake my friend threw his girl off i turned around to see if she was ok and it cut off tired to start it back it ran but full throttle was again like slow idle pulled to my house on the lake took the seat off to check it out smelt gas bad?? looked for a leak couldn't find one waited 10-20 mins tired again it ran fine i had this problem anytime i cut it off or idled for a min each time if i took the seat off and waited it would crank and run fine??

Any help will be much appreciated i am puzzled as to what could be causing this ?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    when you say you had it full throttle...do you mean that you had the trigger pulled to the grips and it was bogging? if thats the case it sounds like a leaky needle and seat. you probably need 2 rebuild kits for the carbs

yea thats what i meant but cleaning the carbs fixed the bogging but now after a good ride probable 30 40 mins when i slow to an idle or cut it off it will usally not crank but if it does you can hold the throttle to the grips and it goes like a fast idle i tired to jus keep it going to see if it would clear out but it never did take the seat off and wait 15-30 mins and it would start right up and run fine for 20-30

+1
    yea its vapor locking then...need to pull the carbs again and replace the needle and seats. if they are stuck open it floods the engine and thats why it cranks and cranks with no fire

where can i find some carb rebuild kits? and would that cause the bad gas smell or do i have a leak i looked while i was on the lake ? and i couldnt find a leak but i smell gas really bad

+1
    you can order them from the online store here in the links tab on the left. you get a discount for being a member. enter greenhulk for the coupon code. a leaking needle and seat will allow gas to leak in to the crank case hence your constant cranking and no start. your not going to see the leak as it is in the carbs leaking into the bottom of the case. the needle and seats are located on the opposite side of the carb screens. there is a little spring loaded arm that holds the needle and the seat is the bronze/copper piece that sits in the carb. once you open it up this will make more sense.

i dont know whats wrong with it but i am tired of messing with it... there comes a point when the headache makes a mechanic price look worth it.. i took it to the shop today he will take it apart monday and let me know what all is wrong with it! thanks for the help though i will post the report from the mechanic on monday !

+1
    dude I told you what your problem most likely is...why pay $500 for $15 worth of parts?

i feel you on that but its got bigger problems than just that.... the water valve or whatever it is that shoots water out of the back is not shooting... he showed me a carb that was just like mine that he was taking working on and mine was missing dierframs and a few other things lol i dont even know how it was running... and it does have a gas leak somewhere that i cant find for the life of me.. Its not a dealership its just a small shop around the way that my g-parents take there boat and they know the dude real well so it wont be too much... I feel you on fixing it on my own but summer is getting shorter and i am a single parent with a 2 year old son and he get to destroy all my nerves not a pwc lol.. oh yea and when i hooked my carbs back up the first time i didnt get put the oil pump wire on right so i rode for two days with little or no oil but i put it back on the way it came off so there is no telling if i have ever been getting the right amount of oil

+1
    if you have the oil cable off its goes to "full on" so you had plenty of oil on the bottom end but normal oil when it was wide open

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information