Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Duck bills

+1

Duck bills

I just bought a duck bill for my Pro. Any water that gets in the hull will run out the bill now as I'm moving forward. Anyone have 1 on thier ski? How does it work for ya?

Iv'e noticed on the Pro where the bilge is, it doesnt suck up all the water when its on. theres always water in the hull righ under the coupler. Hope this bill lets it out.

got a picture of this ??? never heard of such a thing .

+1
    duckbill drain for Polaris watercraft.

This one-way duckbill drain threads into the stock drain plug hole and allows water to drain whenever you're traveling forward.

Only works with Polaris watercraft that have the threaded drain plugs!

got it for 15.00

I plan on keeping the drain plug stowed just in case I have a problem with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!BtDKgfQCGk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEvFItns1VBL6WmwPtGg~~_35.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	208856  

+1
    i have them on most of my ski's they work GREAT!!!!!!!!!

kind of cool . looks long ?? so you just leave it in all the time ?? no need to take it out i am guessing as it drains one way . just how long is it ???

+1
    about 3 inches with the cap in. not too long. yes, keep it in all the time. it closes up when you stop and water doesnt flow in.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bossdog67 View Post
    kind of cool . looks long ?? so you just leave it in all the time ?? no need to take it out i am guessing as it drains one way . just how long is it ???
    They work fine when taken care of - used to be very common among the racers.

Not meant for PWC that stay in the water for long periods of time, like tied to a dock overnight. The Duck Bill can slowly leak water into the hull when the hull is not moving.

There is another automatic drain plug type called Versi-plug, and some OEM SeaDoo drain plugs also have a check ball.

I have posted links to a SeaDoo drain plug that has the siphon bilge intake integrated into the drain assembly, and has an internal check ball. Won't allow water into the hull even if you leave the captive drain plug loose. And it gets the siphon intake right down low where the drain is at the back of the hull.

+1
    When new they are usually fine but always keep an eye on them. I've heard and seen a number of problems with them in the past when they get a few years on them including a set that was on a jet ski that I bought. I personally would never use them as I've never understood having a direct non-fool proof opening into the hull unless it was absolutely necessary.

+1
    My ski is in and out of the water. im on it or standing next to it.

But yeah, ill keep an eye. I'm planning on keeping the original plug with the ski. maybe swap them out if necessary before i ride..All im really looking for is something that actually works when ya punch it and all the water slams to the back of the hull and it should be gone.its a free flow valve with little pressure holding the water back.

I would just like to know that all the water is gone anytime the ski is running,, the bilge never gets it all out.. I think Iv'e seen a ski with 2 bills --1 on each hole in the back.

The sl750 is prone to that too. it has those ribs and stringers configuration in the bottom of the hull. it stores water like little mosquito projects waiting to hatch.lol

If these work well, anytime you take a wave then, the extra bilge water that would be usually banging around insdie,,,would not be there!. less injestion for the carbs. F/A"s or not, it still gets water in them..

+1
    How much water are you getting in the hull? What are you doing to get what appears to be more than the average amount of water from your description?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information