Thread: motec tuning

motec tuning

i just installed e-1 wheel(went from c-3) and 1000 cc injectors.i got one of jerry's maps from nils.runs great ,however afr was 13.9 started by trimming fuel 5% then 10 and now 22% still at 12.8 at full throttle and low 13's everywhere else. fuel pressure static at 53 with rising rate.should i keep trimming fuel or increase fuel pressure?

thanks Rod
    09 fzr motec
    r&d r5 intercooler
    jd intake
    intake mod
    1000 cc inj
    e-1 wheel
    r&d cooling kit
    riva waterbox
    riva rear exhaust
    r&d intake
    modded vx plate
    160mm liner
    skat 15/23 prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod6731 View Post
    i just installed e-1 wheel(went from c-3) and 1000 cc injectors.i got one of jerry's maps from nils.runs great ,however afr was 13.9 started by trimming fuel 5% then 10 and now 22% still at 12.8 at full throttle and low 13's everywhere else. fuel pressure static at 53 with rising rate.should i keep trimming fuel or increase fuel pressure?

thanks Rod
    09 fzr motec
    r&d r5 intercooler
    jd intake
    intake mod
    1000 cc inj
    e-1 wheel
    r&d cooling kit
    riva waterbox
    riva rear exhaust
    r&d intake
    modded vx plate
    160mm liner
    skat 15/23 prop
    HI Rod
    Do you have logging and lambda, if yes post the data file and it will be easy to make the adjustments.
    Over all trimming to fix 1 area is not reallt the way to go unless it is lean by the same amount everywhere which in your case it sounds like it is.
    I normally say to people leave the fuel pressure alone but you could probably sneak it up to 60 PSI and it would cure your imeadiate issue.
    Its nice to have the fuel pressure a bit higher when running around 1 bar of boost, the only problem with the Yamaha is the factory pump, rectifier and wiring dont really like being above the 60 PSI mark.
    You have got 1000cc injectors so you will definately have enough fuel for the job

If you are in the Havasu area at WF time I will likely do another PWC seminar and you can learn the finer points of tuning your ski.

Cheers

+1
    I am affraid there are many issues with your current calibration file. Your log file shows very low wot rpm and very low boost @ 160kpa with an E1 wheel. You probably have a boost leak somewhere in your intake circuit. You also need to get rid of the current high value for overall fuel trim and work from within the main fuel map as Pete suggested. Consider tuning with at least 58psi fuel pressure at all times with an E1 wheel to benefit from better post injector fuel atomization.

+1
    Listen to Desperado......he knows his stuff!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    If you are in the Havasu area at WF time I will likely do another PWC seminar and you can learn the finer points of tuning your ski.

Cheers

PLEASE keep us posted. i know im a seadoo guy sneaking around over here but i've been fighting my set-up forever and will not only be at WF but am extremely interested in your system
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    I am affraid there are many issues with your current calibration file. Your log file shows very low wot rpm and very low boost @ 160kpa with an E1 wheel. You probably have a boost leak somewhere in your intake circuit. You also need to get rid of the current high value for overall fuel trim and work from within the main fuel map as Pete suggested. Consider tuning with at least 58psi fuel pressure at all times with an E1 wheel to benefit from better post injector fuel atomization.
    i thought my low rpm's were because of the 160mm liner and 15/23 prop.what do you mean by intake circuit?
    thanks Rod

+1
    Check all hose connections on air intake. Check pipe from supercharger to intercooler. If air is leaking you will be losing boost. I have the E1 and am seeing around 215kpa at WOT so you are way down. I also have a seadoo pump conversion setup on my ski, which is 159mm pump and I am seeing around 8600 rpms.

+1
    Hi Rod
    It looks over proped to me.
    Desperado make good points but I have checked the data and the boost you are making is about right for the rpm that you are pulling,
    The ign timing is right on and AFR is right in the zone for that boost.
    I have attached some pics of captures I have taken out of our i2 analysis program
    These are from whats called an XY scatter plot. This is a perfect example to show what can be seen using this method.
    You can configure the graph (plot) to show a relationship between any 2 sensors and even coloured by a 3rd.
    In this example we want to see the relationship between RPM and manifold pressure (boost), we are also coloring the graph proportional to throttle position.
    The key for that you will see in the top right corner.
    So the first pic is from a test done with an FZR with a similar wheel to yours.
    The second pic is your data, note both lots of data make 160 kpa at 7100.
    The third pic is an overlay of one file on top of the other so you can see any areas of gain or loss.
    When we overlay data the file that is added is shown with all white colors.
    So in the thrid pic we have added the other FZR on top of your (colored data), you will see that the two files are almost identical, the other fzr data lays virtually on top.
    This shows that you are in the ball park as far as boost goes.
    I am not sure about blade pitches for the 160 mm pump but I am sure there are others who have used them who can chime in.

I will keep looking throught the file for any other anomolies.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Charger Eff FZR.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	209035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Charger Eff FZR NG.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	209038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Charger Eff FZR NG Over lay.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	209039  

Thread Information