Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

New best speed for me on my 2008 RXPX 85.4 Happy and sad at the same time !!!

When to a SMALL local lake (lake underhill) by myself this afternoon to test out the new Riva Rideplate I just installed, along with the bigger valves I installed in the pump shoe.

It turns great, I like it alot better. I went to do a couple of speed runs, the first one it clicked off an 83.4 but when I let off it felt like I hit something in the water. Well I ran it one more time . I got all the way in the no wake zone and headed accross and it went an impressive 85.4 but the second time I lifted, I lifted too quickly and the ass end of the ski popped up and tried to kill me..... I have never experienced a buck before and don't want to ever again. I was actually shaking when I was loading up the ski...

I really thought going to new 3/4 valves and hoses It would be fine. I guess with the new Riva Rideplate, pump pressures have also gone up?

Banned User
    +1
    ooooweee flyin'!! and if your sig is correct you got quite a few more RPM left to stretch it out if you can figure out that buck problem!! congrats on the number

+1
    Congrats bro. Guess the plate is something for me to look at this winter!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    When to a SMALL local lake (lake underhill) by myself this afternoon to test out the new Riva Rideplate I just installed, along with the bigger valves I installed in the pump shoe.

It turns great, I like it alot better. I went to do a couple of speed runs, the first one it clicked off an 83.4 but when I let off it felt like I hit something in the water. Well I ran it one more time . I got all the way in the no wake zone and headed accross and it went an impressive 85.4 but the second time I lifted, I lifted too quickly and the ass end of the ski popped up and tried to kill me..... I have never experienced a buck before and don't want to ever again. I was actually shaking when I was loading up the ski...

I really thought going to new 3/4 valves and hoses It would be fine. I guess with the new Riva Rideplate, pump pressures have also gone up?
    Sorry, I had to miss your phone call earlier. I was at work in the middle of something. Duke and I are going to try and figure this out. Be careful running that plate. Normal riding, well normal for us LOL, I haven't had a problem.

+1
    Thanks guys !!! I really like the Riva rideplate, I got mine the same time as JP1300R. I waited for him to do all the testing before I decided to put it on. I have another prop that Duke did for the summertime, I need to stick it in the ski and see If I can get some RPM back. To tell you the truth, after today's adventure, I'll let one of the other guys ride it for speed. I'm really not into getting hurt anymore, lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    Thanks guys !!! I really like the Riva rideplate, I got mine the same time as JP1300R. I waited for him to do all the testing before I decided to put it on. I have another prop that Duke did for the summertime, I need to stick it in the ski and see If I can get some RPM back. To tell you the truth, after today's adventure, I'll let one of the other guys ride it for speed. I'm really not into getting hurt anymore, lol
    Yep, I will let Jim ride mine first to LOL.

Banned User
    +1
    "let those other guys ride it for speed" hahaha i like that idea but man at 85+ i'd say you rode the doo-doo out of it for the time being!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Congrats bro. Guess the plate is something for me to look at this winter!
    Yes, I think you will really like the plate. It's worth an easy 2-3mph .... I really like the way it turns, it doesn't slide like it used to....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    "let those other guys ride it for speed" hahaha i like that idea but man at 85+ i'd say you rode the doo-doo out of it for the time being!
    Mike, its sad to say at 43 Im turning into a real wuss.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Sorry, I had to miss your phone call earlier. I was at work in the middle of something. Duke and I are going to try and figure this out. Be careful running that plate. Normal riding, well normal for us LOL, I haven't had a problem.
    No problem JP, I hope you guys figure it out soon. It's not a good feeling when it happens at that kind of speed.... Are we going to ride anytime soon?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information