Thread: R1 results

+1

R1 results

Most notable gain in midrange, little faster on top end but the motor "seems" to over rev on holeshot. The rpm gauge pegs out, you can hear and feel the engine surge just a bit, then the rpms level off and everything seems fine from then on. This is very minor and even with this, acceleration is improved. Factory gauge and rpms went from 7500 pre R1 to 7100 post; not sure how accurate the gauge is. Is this normal?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Most notable gain in midrange, little faster on top end but the motor "seems" to over rev on holeshot. The rpm gauge pegs out, you can hear and feel the engine surge just a bit, then the rpms level off and everything seems fine from then on. This is very minor and even with this, acceleration is improved. Factory gauge and rpms went from 7500 pre R1 to 7100 post; not sure how accurate the gauge is. Is this normal?
    Do you mean 7100 or 8100 rpm's it that a mis print or what? Is the 7100 the max rpm's at top speed?

+1
    Yes Tommy, 7100 at max speed.

+1
    WTF.

You don't go down in RPMs with a reflash so you must be mistaken on what your RPMs were pre-R1. Also that prop you are running is WAY too big now that you have a reflash. If you have your stocker, put it back on.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    WTF.

You don't go down in RPMs with a reflash so you must be mistaken on what your RPMs were pre-R1. Also that prop you are running is WAY too big now that you have a reflash. If you have your stocker, put it back on.
    I agree with prop selection. Put the stocker back in! Im surprised at how well the stocker works with even NO work to it.

+1
    WTF.

I read it correct bro trust me ,right between 7-8. I knew last time I rode that I was gonna get the R1 so I made a point to pay attention to them as I did yesterday riding for the first time with the R1. I was as surprised as you but wondered if the solas was gonna do this. Everybody is saying to go back to the stocker which I hate to do due to the cavitation that I had. Someone suggested to go with a Skat 13/20 also.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I read it correct bro trust me ,right between 7-8. I knew last time I rode that I was gonna get the R1 so I made a point to pay attention to them as I did yesterday riding for the first time with the R1. I was as surprised as you but wondered if the solas was gonna do this. Everybody is saying to go back to the stocker which I hate to do due to the cavitation that I had. Someone suggested to go with a Skat 13/20 also.
    Try the stocker with a 15 leading edge man!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Try the stocker with a 15 leading edge man!!!
    Agreed. You are lucky you are in FL. There are lots of guys around there who will pitch your stock prop for you. Give it a try, and if you're still not happy with it, then try a Skat. If you don't know who to go to to get a prop repitched, PM me.

I have never been a big fan of the dynafly props (Solas) on these newer 4 stroke skis. I just haven't seen hardly any good results with them. Maybe if you had enough power to turn that prop to 8400 it might work well, but as of right now you don't.

+1
    Agreed. You are lucky you are in FL. There are lots of guys around there who will pitch your stock prop for you. Give it a try, and if you're still not happy with it, then try a Skat. If you don't know who to go to to get a prop repitched, PM me.

I have never been a big fan of the dynafly props (Solas) on these newer 4 stroke skis. I just haven't seen hardly any good results with them. Maybe if you had enough power to turn that prop to 8400 it might work well, but as of right now you don't.
    What if I dropped in a C1?

+1
    What if I dropped in a C1?
    I think that is an EXCELLENT idea. That will get your RPMs up. Then if they are still too low, you can get the prop bent just a bit. Seriously, the C1 with a reflash is a kick ass setup. Nice safe boost level and RPM level. Very clutch friendly. Do it. You won't be dissapointed.

Thread Information