Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new to skis got some questions

my friend and i got 2 seadoo skis for a good price mine is a 94 seadoo gti but with a new motor a 750 rotax and my friends is a 97 spx both are seeming to run great and are a blast some questions i have are do the worx intake grates help alot should we get them also what can we do to go faster and the gtis gauges do not work the seller said becasue of the new motor if i plug them in it burns out like the cpu or cdi idk what one any info would be awsome thanks gus

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH

I assume that you meant to type 720 for the motor...I hope that its not a silver SBT engine...if it is Id sell that ski ASAP. the motor wont last the season.Works grates are good. they help keep you hooked up.

as for going faster...depends on how much money want to throw at it. jetting kits, flame arrestors and a high compression head help with throttle response
    now...if you want to get crazy, find a Factory Pipe for the 720. hard to find but will wake up a 720.

what ever the old owner told you..he had no idea what he was talking about. if plugging the gauges in blew the mpem and cdi, you have bigger problems. he may have ment that the gauges blow the fuse. if thats the case open the hood up and unplug the gauges, put a new fuse in the gray box for the gauges and hook up the gauges till the fuse blows. when you find the right gauge...replace it.

i think ur right with 720 lol sorry the gti has a all purble motor and the spx has a all green motor idk what you mean buys silver sbt we have ran them all over so far no problems and just need a new battery for the spx it died at the beach and had to jump it but there really fun to ride and i would like to keep them got both skis and trailer for 1000 in really good condition what will intake grates do for them

+1
    I answered that in my first post...they help keep you hooked up to the water

even tho the gti is bigger what can i do to make it quicker it supposibly has the 720 also would the pipe work on that too

+1
    a 720 is a 720...if you can find the pipe you will need to change the jetting in the carbs to run the pipe. you can also change the prop. but changing the prop goes two ways. if you want to go faster you will lose some hole shot. if you want hole shot you will lose top end. there is one middle of the road prop but gains are small in both directions.

ok thank you for all your help im gonna just do the intake grate and be happy it gose fast and starts everytime lol as far as the spx do i need to jet the carbs for the factory pipe or can i just bolt on and go

and as far as changing the pump oil can u point me in the right direction for maybe a diy or how to find one to do it idk when its been done

why do you want to change the pump oil?

idk should i idk when it was ever done i am 2nd owner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information