Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

where do i start,with a shotgun?? ha-ha...genesis problem

2002 genesis i fuel injected..I bought this recently...cylinders have good pressure....last weekend was its first trip...it ran rough until warmed up, then ran great...parked it for about 1 hr, started it up, ran rough...cleared back out..ran great...went this weekend..started it, ran rough..tried to clear itself..then dies after about 5 minutes..almost seemed like a misfire or something..did make some smoke, but nothing way excessive...now it wont start at all..where should I start????

+1
    I'd blow it up but I really do love this hull design..and nobody has one like it currently on the market..so I wanna keep this thing and get it running.....

+1
    thank you all for your sharing of knowledge...(in advance)...I truly appreciate any feedback, suggestions...I'm bummed out...my kid has not been on one ever, and we got skunked today....he's pretty bumbed out..we spent some good time waxing her up and buying vests with our "dreams" a flowing of the good times ahead...whats a dad to do??? i gotta make it right.....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well, you have some diagnostics work to do.

The links below with help you dig into your Ficht engine. Be sure to read through the material.

A common failure is the TPS. Unplug the TPS. If engine now starts and idles, replace the TPS.

+1
    thank you so much, but, ahh, where is the TPS and how do i check it??? i am somewhat mechanical..I am going to assume the TPS means throttle position sensor..but this is watercraft without manuals for me..I am a desert dog and have rebuilt many a 2 cycle dirt bike in my years..I look into this watercraft and go...damn..what do all these wires mean? What is their function? Thank you again..I love this site and all your thoughts help me tremendously.. my local dealers dog out polaris and say they are the studebaker of the watercraft business..not sure what that means..I own a Polaris Ranger, and have had several polaris quads,,..they all been good equipment..but I'll be honest..everyone seems to give me the "good luck with that garbage" look when i say i have a genesis I..they dog the injector system, the flywheels..the...everything...I have a labor day weekend gettaway event planned..I gotta either cut my losses and buy another something...or get this girl fixed up..and in this economy I'd like to fix it up....FYI..I'm a new re-entery into watersports......( I lost a lot in 07 with the economy.....as so many have..just trying to get back on my feet and have fun again)..thank you again..you have no idea how much I appreciate this site and anyone's guidance........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ...The links below with help you dig into your Ficht engine. Be sure to read through the material.

A common failure is the TPS. Unplug the TPS. If engine now starts and idles, replace the TPS.
    Throttle Position Sensor is on the rear end of the throttle body. Three pin plug.

Do take the time to look at the provided links, especially for Ficht

+1
    ok, disconnected the TPS sensor and nothing..guess I'll have to check the fuel delivery now....

+1
    bear with me..maybe i am an idiot..I pulled a plug and went old school, grounded it against the head and kicked her over..did not see a spark..dont have a pressure gauge yet but did push the valve stem and fuel spit out..or, more dribbled out..should the plug have fired spark??? what would be your next step???

+1
    well, i rechecked and i did have spark..so i am praying to the water gods that after i buy a fuel pressure gauge that my problems aren't as deep as i thought....pressure in fuel pump???/ anyone ideas????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bighad View Post
    ....pressure in fuel pump???/ anyone ideas????
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ...Do take the time to look at the provided links, especially for Ficht

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information