Repitching the leading edge....

There is alot of info on prop pitching here but most that I find is about the trailing edge. I am interesting in playing with the leading edge. Will this affect holeshot performance? Which way does the prop need to be bent to help with prop spin on holeshot? Any info will be appreciated!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    There is alot of info on prop pitching here but most that I find is about the trailing edge. I am interesting in playing with the leading edge. Will this affect holeshot performance? Which way does the prop need to be bent to help with prop spin on holeshot? Any info will be appreciated!!!!
    A taller pitch more blade angle will give the prop more water bite on take off and give you less prop spin. This opening up the prop leading edge usualy 2-3 pitches max is all you can do. It has very little effect on max rpm's. I like 15 -16 on the leading edge on a fz. However this opening up the leading edge will only go so far on helping prop spin on take off. These Fz's have a lot of bottom end tork! Tommy Jordan

So if the prop is sitting on the table big end down small end up which way does the leading edge need to go? Up or down...to grab more bite on take off! Is bending it one inch from the start of the blade good practice or how?

+1
    With the big end down and the small end pointing up, you would bend the leading edge UP to give it a steeper angle. It's the opposite for the trailing edge, you would bend it down to give it a steeper angle. All that is reversed if you have the prop turned the other way, with the small end pointed down.

It's be to try and visualize how the prop turns in the water, and then think, "ok do I want more bite (steeper), or less bite, (shallower)."

Thread Information