+1

Early testing results on the R&D ECU R1 reflash

My ECU took the ''red eye" from CA. and got to my house SAT. afternoon.With a full tank of gas and ripple to mild chop conditions the ski got a few hrs with the new GPR reflash.First thing I notice doing some WOT sprints is that the flat spot or pull back at mid range 5-6000 rpms is gone! She pulls REEEAL hard there REEEAL hard! The holeshot early on, I felt I was over revving a bit but with a full tank it was hard to really evaluate, you could hear the spin was more whinier, which was good because I already bought a 14/22 to test later and now believe I can turn the higher pitch for more top speed.As I burned the gas away the ski got stronger and stronger, the accel got even stronger.I have no hard numbers, no mph or rpms until I bring her into the flat water where the tide there was too low.I will have all this data next weekend and see where I go with an uppitch prop and a long awaited rideplate angle adjustment.R&D were great getting my ECU back before the weekend.I now have more advance timing and I feel every bit of it, rev limit 7700 and a better fuel curve.I'll be testing next wk. with my dyna 14/20 then 14/22 the following wk with rideplate adjustment.Again the biggest noticable change is the midrange, my buddy who rides a slightly modified RXP (77MPH) felt the strong difference. Need to test on the glass where the GPR does its best to see where I go from there........

very good Dave!
    once you get your set up dialed in you should really be flying!

+1
    An ecu reflash huh. Youve caught my attention dave. I wana see the ski run! Let me know when you wana set the hull up and ill help out..

Good to hear is going well, let us know about your gains.

+1
    thanks guys, I wanna be helpful with some feedback and results before every 05-08 EFI GPR starts sending there's in.Remember mine's an R1 (non ported) so there's limited amount advance timing and increased rpms.Kevin (ww) is a more advanced custom reprogramming, that he will talk about soon.TJ your photos of the nozzle grinded down are great,I finally see what this rideplate angle is all about.

+1
    Dave I'm really looking forward to hearing your results. I myself have been thinking about doing this also. Curious to see what gains you got.

Rideplate angle is key man, once i had my island plate set up right is was a big difference and got some good numbers.

we gotta meet up one of these days. I wanna check out the navesink

+1
    will shis "re-flash" work on a P.V. motor ?

+1
    yes KEVIN,we need some "professional courtesy" up here.There pulling over skiers left and right.Sometimes for good reason.Its understanding waterfront home owners have a complaint and they got a job to do.BTW I don't think R&D are doing or can do PV efi skis.But give them a call...

+1

update on R&D reflash

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00982[1].jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	211295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unnamed[1].jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	211294Took the ski out with a few tweaked adjustments with an up pitched dyna 14/22 from 14/20 and increased angle of the rideplate.....I already felt the stronger difference in the power curve especially in the 5-6000 midrange....Today with slight water ripples, gave it some 30mph running starts going along 1-1 1/2 mile building to full throttle....I was able to achieve a small but personal best of 73.7 or 72.9 whichever GPS is dead accurate at 7120 rpms ,30 rpms my lowest ....My overall opinion now on the reflash is its gives stronger accel through the power curve and that midrange "lag'' is gone, BUT without PORTING the engine, its hard to increase your MPH (4-5) with just this reflash and afew other go fast mods...overall I'm very happy with the R&D reflash.....

Thread Information