Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

RXP taking on water

I have a 2006 RXP and it is taking on water, I don't understand I guess how the stock pick ups work that is to drain the water out. I looked on Riva and it looks like the hose to the pick up is hooked to the drain plugs and this is where the confusion has come, how do you put the drain plugs in and the water is to drain am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help

Banned User
    +1
    those siphon tubes hook to the drain plug but pull water out using the vacuum of the water coming out of the pump and suck the water out. the just happen to hook back up to the drain plug probably because its one of the rear most, lowest parts of the ski, where water will naturally end up if you got some in the hull

Banned User
    +1
    and more then likely thats not where your water is coming IN the hull from! its possible if your siphon tubes are broken that water can come in the hull when the boat is stopped though.... ask me how i know hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by frogurt View Post
    I have a 2006 RXP and it is taking on water, I don't understand I guess how the stock pick ups work that is to drain the water out. I looked on Riva and it looks like the hose to the pick up is hooked to the drain plugs and this is where the confusion has come, how do you put the drain plugs in and the water is to drain am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help
    The siphon tube is hooked up to the pump, Ass YOU move forward it sucks up the water in the hull. This is the stock configuration of my 2004 RXP. I am sure it's no different than a 2006 RXP? The RXP drain plugs is a stand alone Dummy proof for most members like bigdaddy RXP and then some. There is a white "Ball inside the drain plug. The purpose of this "white Ball" is to plug the hole if some operators like bigddady forgets to close the drain plug before launch of the ski. The system works like this... the greater preasure inbetween the ski and body of water pushes the ball in both direction. For example: Let say you forgot to put your drain plug closed in the RXP. Once you launch it in the water, the presure of the water will push on the ball plugging it up. Now try this, open up your drain plug and put the ski in a trailer and flood the ski with water. the ball will move in the opposite direction because the preassure is inside your ski That concludes our class for "Drain Plugs 101". Thank You and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    those siphon tubes hook to the drain plug
    <---

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    <---
    first picture, with the 2 holes side by side, scond picture...NOT THE ONE I AM POINTING AT....but if you go to the right after the 2 holes, the 2tube sticking out in the middle of the pump tunnel is where your stock bailers tubes are supposed to be hooked up and not the drainplugs. they are 2 different things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 386.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	209183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 377.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	209182  

picture of the 2004 RXP drain Plug one on the left and right, just above the bunk bed guides. The plugs are pull out in this picture. hope it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1618.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	209186  

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    those siphon tubes hook to the drain plug but pull water out using the vacuum of the water coming out of the pump and suck the water out.
    say what??? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    say what??? lmao
    I am trying my best to be diplomatic here But ultramax racing 05......your killing me here buddy He was close....he almost got to the pump side....wait for his next post ......he might get more closer......

+1
    jammer,

on the '06 models, the siphon is connected to the drain plugs. check out the parts fiche below.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=139&B=23

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information