Thread: Problems?

Problems?

Looking for some advice on some of the first things I should check. Everything was fine two weekends ago also sounded fine on the trailer the day before riding. Went to start it before putting it in and it took like five attempts to get it to fire and run. Never happened before, would always start on the first crank. When it did fire it sounded rough, kind of like missing, I revved it up a few time and thought it cleared up. Put in the water and it was like had no power, wouldn't get up and go, thought I could even here like a knock every now and then. Some suggestion was if I got some bad fuel, not sure yet, or how to check the fuel quality. Was thinking it maybe could be a coil? Is there way to check a coil?
    What else?

2008 RXT-X

Thanks

+1
    Bad injector,spark plug or coil..............Thats were i would start.

check to see if your intercooler is leaking water inside your intake, look at the oil to see if it is milky. check to see if you have water inside the coil hole where the spark plug goes. check your fuel and fuel pump pressure. check to see if you have water in your ECU connectors and also check the engine block grounds. those will be my first things to check hope it helps...

Well haven't done too many checks yet, but wanted to explain what its doing on the trailer. Its been starting somewhat ok and idling, but when you give it throttle it is hesitates (does not rev, nothing). When you let off and pull the throttle a few times sometimes it revs up like normal and sometimes it does nothing as if your not pulling the throttle. The only thing checked was a visual check and also cleaned were the coil's, and have changed the plugs. Pulled the gas tonight and will replace tomorrow and see what happens. It seem like it could be electrical, could the TSP do something like this, or maybe the fuel pump. Is there a quick or simple way to check the fuel pump?

Thanks

+1
    A good way to find out if its a coil is to pull one at a time while the engine is running. I watched a friend do this and it helped him locate a bad one. You will HEAR the difference. If this is dangerous someone please chime in.. Unless of course you have some you can borrow.

My 07 rxt had a problem idiling and running ruff off of idile, shutting off .ended up taking it to the stealer it was a bad sensor on the throttle body. $350.00 later it was running smooth.

Well wasn't the fuel. Which sensor on TB could cause the problems I'm having?

Thread Information