Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speed Pick Up hose... here is what happened

Well got the new motor in Running according to my GPS 82 MPH lol ya right?.... prob around mid 60's

anyway i was putting the shroud over the Drive Shaft coupler and the shourd spun with the coupler obviously the shroud is the wrong size. But it spun the Speed Pitot hose with it i untangled the mess checked it seemed on until i took it out and noticed the Speedomoter on the MFD was not working and as i got faster water was spitting out of the Handlebars...

so to replace or reattach this hose i have to remove the entire steering colum right?

i didnt see a How to on this does anyone know or can point me in the right direction?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You need to re-thread the clear hose back up to the back of the MFD.

Remove the MFD and look behind, you might get lucky and find the end of the hose within reach.

On my ski it was very easy to re-thread through there. There was plenty of space once I pulled out the storage bucket and popped out the MFD I ran it right along the bad hose pulling the bad one out as I went along.

BTW: Mine got chewed up also when my sleeve came loose last month and entire section stated spinning. Sh*t happens.

Thanks for the help guys!...

so just open the hood take out the storage and unbolt the bolts under the hood? or does the MFD pop out?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    It should have 2 spring clips on each side,slide a small screwdriver on each end and pop it out.

and the spring clips are from the inside? going up or on the outside of the steering where the display is? at work atm so trying to get as much info as i can before jumping into it!

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by rdizz81 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys!...

so just open the hood take out the storage and unbolt the bolts under the hood? or does the MFD pop out?
    You don't have to unbolt the hood, just lift the storage bucket out. Take a butter knife and gently insert it into the pad on the right top-side of the MFD until it passes the hold-down clip and the MFD should come right out. You will see the hose connected to the back of the MFD when you pull it out. You can get the replacement hose at any decent hardware store. I don't remember, but I think it was 1/8" id. They have different grades of the clear hose so you want the best that they have so it will stand up to the temperature in the hull. I took a piece with me and matched it up in the store.

im hoping i will be able to just reconnect =/ i think it was pulled off !

Quote Originally Posted by TopCop931 View Post
    You don't have to unbolt the hood, just lift the storage bucket out. Take a butter knife and gently insert it into the pad on the right top-side of the MFD until it passes the hold-down clip and the MFD should come right out. You will see the hose connected to the back of the MFD when you pull it out. You can get the replacement hose at any decent hardware store. I don't remember, but I think it was 1/8" id. They have different grades of the clear hose so you want the best that they have so it will stand up to the temperature in the hull. I took a piece with me and matched it up in the store.
    i think im lost here.... are you saying go from inside the ski upward or go from the top of the MFD on the right side from sitting on the skill pressing down with a butter knife untill it slides out?

because it is impossible to go from inside the hull upward...

Quote Originally Posted by rdizz81 View Post
    i think im lost here.... are you saying go from inside the ski upward or go from the top of the MFD on the right side from sitting on the skill pressing down with a butter knife untill it slides out?

because it is impossible to go from inside the hull upward...
    No. No. You take the MFD right out of the handle bar pad. Just slip a butter knife straight down past the plastic clip and once it is past the clip put right hand tension on the knife and pull the MFD out of the pad with your left hand. It should come straight out. Just dont yank on it hard because the hose and wiring harness will still be plugged in. There is some slack there but not too much.

You can thread the new hose from inside the ski by taking the storage bucket out once you have removed the MFD. I think there is a diagram on K447's signnature that illustrates how the butter knife should be inserted into the pad to get the MFD out.

Here it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information