Question Please o please help me

ok i need some help i got a 1994 polaris sl750 jet ski with the blue engine in it and it takes for ever to start thats coking it and pumping the throttle and then it will start. Then it runs slow. what could be the cause of this i just got it out of the shed and we snaped a drive shaft back in 2007 and just left it alone and i rebuilt the carbs read alot of info on here about pop off pressure and it's post to be 10-18 and mine are all at 15pop off and it was hard to start last time we had it out.. another question is does any one have a wire chart or any ideas on the electrail part of the ski it has a beep sound like the computer is trying to tell me something and not sure what it could be. the fuel gauge dont work either nor does anything on the dash work i had the hole motor out of the ski and rebuilt the hole intake side new gaskets and everything. after i rebuilt the carbs i ran 10 gallons of pre mixed threw it and it still threw a fit and beeped at me any ideas. could this be compression and can i get away with just a set of rings? it has new plugs and reebuilt carbs and the triple out put pump took the t-stat out and fixed alot of the problems. how does the battery stay charged does that run off the stator? i would like some help to get at least the slow to start problem fixed.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    When you rebuilt the carbs,did you take out the small low speed jet and make sure they were open? Low compression will cause a hard start. Also...Big Thing, when you put the triple outlet pump on, did you make sure you reinstalled the restrictor in the return line. Have you gonethur and replaced all the fuel line,clean the seperator and made sure the selector valve is not plugged?

Yes, the electrical stator under the flywheel provides the charging of the battery.
    If the compressuion is good,then it sounds like a carb/fuel problem. Also check your reeds on the intake side and make sure they aren't cracked or chipped.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The links below should prove useful.

Question

the carbs are great new reeds did not see any restrictor in the return line where do i get one of thoes at? all the jets are clean and clear it just takes a long time to start and once started it dont go very fast? i do not have a water and fuel seperator am i post to??

Quote Originally Posted by freemandino25 View Post
    the carbs are great new reeds did not see any restrictor in the return line where do i get one of thoes at? all the jets are clean and clear it just takes a long time to start and once started it dont go very fast? i do not have a water and fuel seperator am i post to??
    The fuel/water seperator is behind your storage compartment. You will not see it while looking into the hull where the engine is located. Take out your storage compartment and it will be in front of the fuel tank to the left.

ok i cleaned out the water fuel seperator and still hard to start could this really be compression problem. if i do a ring job and hone the jugs will i gain compression back or is there more to it then just rings?
    3 head gaskets
    3 base gaskets
    3 water pipe gaskets
    6 rings
    should i put wrist pin bearing in since i got it apart?

+1
    do a compression test first!

then worry about what to do

+1
    any compression numbers yet?

115 on the mag and 120 on center and 120 on the pto theres my compression numbers and yet its still hard to start and runs kinda slugish on the water even after warm up rebuilt my carbs and pop off pressure is post to be 10-18 and mine are 15 psi so what could be the problem whats compression post to be u can pour fuel in the carbs and it fires right on up after that but after u ride it for a while on the lake and u shut it off to get in the water and cool off and u get back on it still hard to start?

Thread Information