Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Polaris MFD

  1. #1

    Polaris MFD

    Looking for a document and hints on how to clean the contacts on an MFD for a 95 polaris SLT 750. Can't seem to find it. New to the forum and would appreciate any help.

    Keith


  2. #2
    thester71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central ma.
    Posts
    1,698
    Find a post from k447 then click his signature

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Like this one

  4. #4
    Derwood98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    627
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Like this one
    You know, I am still looking for the link with "I purchased the ski and I had know idea WTF I was doing. Can I find a MFD anywhere in this world that still works?" That would be cool.

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    You know, I am still looking for the link with "I purchased the ski and I had no idea WTF I was doing.

    Can I find a MFD anywhere in this world that still works?" That would be cool.
    Working MFD can be found, and purchased. The trick is finding one in short order, for a price you like. If you are willing to pay, even new in the box MFD are out there.

    If you are willing to wait and watch, good used MFD do show up for sale. Summer is the hardest time to be buying, since there is so much demand and limited supply.

    For the adventurous, the physically larger MFI type Polaris display (from a Virage or Genesis) is electrically compatible. If you can figure out how to mount it, it will work with a simple connector change. These are often more available, as they don't fail as often, and are less old.

  6. #6
    Derwood98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    627
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Working MFD can be found, and purchased. The trick is finding one in short order, for a price you like. If you are willing to pay, even new in the box MFD are out there.

    If you are willing to wait and watch, good used MFD do show up for sale. Summer is the hardest time to be buying, since there is so much demand and limited supply.

    For the adventurous, the physically larger MFI type Polaris display (from a Virage or Genesis) is electrically compatible. If you can figure out how to mount it, it will work with a simple connector change. These are often more available, as they don't fail as often, and are less old.
    And here is what I heard from the underground, that within the next 8-10 months, a OEM replacement will be made and will plug into the OEM 8 pin. Me, I am holding out for the replacement. I will tune it next spring if I have to, but I want to keep everything as stock as possible. With a few side tricks,,, of course.

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    And here is what I heard from the underground, that within the next 8-10 months, a OEM replacement will be made and will plug into the OEM 8 pin...
    Tell me more please.

  8. #8
    Derwood98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    627
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Tell me more please.
    Just a rumor. Might be something, might be nothing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Polaris MFD Virage 01-04 "Carbed" version
    By Mpeavler in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  2. WTB Any and all Dead "POLARIS" MFD's
    By Feral in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 08:42 PM
  3. WTB: Polaris MFD Display for 96 SLX780
    By cubsfan2516 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
  4. How To Turn Off 1996 Polaris MFD
    By seabass88 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 09:37 PM
  5. polaris MFD warnings
    By lakeski in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •