+1

battery quick disconnect switch

i want to install a quick disconnect switch on my 2003 XPDI, i cant be the first one to try to do this.
    lots of skis slowly discharge the battery duirng the week when you are not riding.
    my rectifier just got fried from constantly trying to recharge the low battery.
    now i am looking for a good battery disconnect, they are all large and clunky, use some sort of dumb plastic key switch.
    i dont have any space inside my XPDI, and the battery is an oddyssey 625 so its got tiny terminals.
    i am looking for some sort of connector to put inlie on the battery cable, that i can unhook when i am not riding. anyone else find a nice setup to disconnect one of the battery cables that is like an inline fuse setup or something???

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    i want to install a quick disconnect switch on my 2003 XPDI, i cant be the first one to try to do this.
    lots of skis slowly discharge the battery duirng the week when you are not riding.
    my rectifier just got fried from constantly trying to recharge the low battery.
    now i am looking for a good battery disconnect, they are all large and clunky, use some sort of dumb plastic key switch.
    i dont have any space inside my XPDI, and the battery is an oddyssey 625 so its got tiny terminals.
    i am looking for some sort of connector to put inlie on the battery cable, that i can unhook when i am not riding. anyone else find a nice setup to disconnect one of the battery cables that is like an inline fuse setup or something???
    >>>> Look on Page 155 of this .pdf from Hot Products Catalog

http://www.hotproductsusa.com/PDFs/2...Electrical.pdf

The "Quick Snap" disconnect mounts directly onto the Battery
    and allows you to remove/replace the Cable in 10-seconds.
    You can adjust the Cam/Screw for a very tight connection.
    I've used these pounding the waves on an HX--never popped
    open by itself.

p/n 59-0527

If Jerry cant order these through Hot Products, try PPG

David

+1
    ya david i like them saw them in my searches, i was worried that they would stick up too much but the hot products picture shows that they do not.
    now my only worry is, will then install on an oddysey pc625. the pc625 has the threaded post built into the battery. not sure if these will work??

+1
    I have one Quick Snap on my RXT and it holds good. Former owner put one on the positive side. I just ordered a PC925L and will try to use it on that battery as well. Should get the battery Thursday...

Thread Information