Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Dealer Labor Rate Check

I have 2 SeaDoo dealers near me: 1 charges $85 hourly & the other charges $80.

The first dealer charged $411.61 for the 10 hr service on my 2 '06 GTI's. I also purchased the optional speedo & even though the SeaDoo manual sd it was a 1.5 hr job they charged $265 for both and that was discounted.

New to the sport I've found quickly that it costs big bucks to have the dealer work on these skis'. I also think they are overcharging for everything. They seem to know what they are doing but then again when I talk about performance parts I don't get a good vibe.

I've been reviewing the "How-To" section & I feel pretty confident about doing some things myself, not all but I certainly am willing to learn. I have this thing about knowing something was done right by doing it myself.

So what is everybody else paying for things such as 10 hr service, performance part(s) install etc and what is your dealers' labor rate?

I`m pretty sure it`s about the same here, $84.00 hour, I think...PR...

a local stealer here charges 100 an hour if u did not buy the ski from them and 75 an hour if you did. talk about gay. i do all my own maintiance and work, and if i cant do it i usually ask for help on here and i can figure it out. ive learned a hard lesson and NEVER under any circumstances set foot inside a dealer unless its absolutely nessacary. i did my 10 hour service in an hour and i can garauntee i did a better job then the local seadoo tech and saved my self some $$. nobody touches my ski except me or some of the guys on here that have helped me in the past. ud be surprised at how many "certified technicians" cant properly change the oil or even know the correct type of oil to use. its pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    a local stealer here charges 100 an hour if u did not buy the ski from them and 75 an hour if you did. talk about gay. i do all my own maintiance and work, and if i cant do it i usually ask for help on here and i can figure it out. ive learned a hard lesson and NEVER under any circumstances set foot inside a dealer unless its absolutely nessacary. i did my 10 hour service in an hour and i can garauntee i did a better job then the local seadoo tech and saved my self some $$. nobody touches my ski except me or some of the guys on here that have helped me in the past. ud be surprised at how many "certified technicians" cant properly change the oil or even know the correct type of oil to use. its pretty sad.
    Amen to that! ...PR...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    Amen again!

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i'll check my manual in the morning its has hours and rates in it that the dealer charges

Think mine charges me $60 an hour,if I recall.

+1
    our dealer is $65.00 but makes me nervous. all the answers are here on the forum

+1
    95 plus here in ATL

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    $100 in NY ... altho most things are by the job, not by the hour

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information