Exclamation 2003 gtx supercharger 4-tec slips when pulling out of water.

I have replaced the wear ring three times. Every time you start it up it wipes the ring. So I replaced the jet pump and put In a recodition impeller and it still slips when you cram the throttle, unless you ease out to 5 mph and then you can cram the throttle and it will take it and run 70 mph with no problem. Any help would be nice! Thanks motormadness

+1
    The 03's had a plastic pump that flexs causing uneven wear of the ring. The only way to cure it is to replace it with a aluminum one. I had mine replaced under warrenty when I owned it and the problem went away.

Talking 2003 gtx s.c. 4-tec slips

Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    The 03's had a plastic pump that flexs causing uneven wear of the ring. The only way to cure it is to replace it with a aluminum one. I had mine replaced under warrenty when I owned it and the problem went away.
    This is motormadness again, even with a factory oem pump they will still flex.Could it maybe be the pump shaft or drive shaft or even the bearing in the pump.I torqued the bolts to spec. 23 lbs. and ran it out of the water with a flush kit and it done fine.I had a 30 seadoo tech. tell me that when he replaces the wear ring he sprays fogging oil in the wear ring and on the impeller and then starts the ski for 3-5 seconds ,shuts it off and tightens the bolts little by little.He does this over and over until the impeller seats itself in the wear ring.I dont know but i have replaced many wear rings in other skis that had plastic pumps and had know trouble.But where i stand now i can believe what you have said.If you have any more info. please,let me know. Thanks motormadness!

hey skipSC, this is motormadness and i was just wondering if you think the supercharger could be slipping to and causing this slippage.

Thread Information