SEA DOO 2006 RXP advise

Hi fellow sea doo owner.. i am getting a 2006 sea doo rxp and wanted input on this ski.. Thank you..
    1. can i do performance of this ski?
    2. Are they problematic jet ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waveguy View Post
    Hi fellow sea doo owner.. i am getting a 2006 sea doo rxp and wanted input on this ski.. Thank you..
    1. can i do performance of this ski?
    2. Are they problematic jet ski?
    #1yes, there are PLENTY of mods that can be done to this ski. the sky is the limit...depends on how much time and money you want to put into it.
    #2 the 06 still had the ceramic washers in the super charger.If you can, before you buy the ski find out if it's had the washers changed to the riva washers or something comparable.or if it's ever had a washer failure.might save you a headache down the road

Thank you for your input... the ski has 53 hours and the owner said he change the washer at 13hr... i did not ask him what washers was used.. Should I be aware of any other problems or to look for ... I am going to see the ski today...

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post
    #1yes, there are PLENTY of mods that can be done to this ski. the sky is the limit...depends on how much time and money you want to put into it.
    #2 the 06 still had the ceramic washers in the super charger.If you can, before you buy the ski find out if it's had the washers changed to the riva washers or something comparable.or if it's ever had a washer failure.might save you a headache down the road

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waveguy View Post
    Thank you for your input... the ski has 53 hours and the owner said he change the washer at 13hr... i did not ask him what washers was used.. Should I be aware of any other problems or to look for ... I am going to see the ski today...
    you're welcome.. yeah as long as the ski hasn't ever ingested water or eaten some washers you should be good .the years previous to 06 had problems with the valves in the head dropping and causing major damage but they were corrected in 06.....some others might chime in with more info if I've missed something...good luck!

i am excited guys... pls feel free to post more about the ski.. as i am first time sea doo owner.. just sold my yamaha 04 xlt 1200 today...

I have 2006 with little money and mods and I am doing 77 in the Texas heat. As long as there has been no water ingestion and washer failure I say you are good to go. I would shy away from the 04 and 05 's as they are slower mod for mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blowbyu View Post
    I have 2006 with little money and mods and I am doing 77 in the Texas heat. As long as there has been no water ingestion and washer failure I say you are good to go. I would shy away from the 04 and 05 's as they are slower mod for mod.

I Have never heard of the 04 and 05 being slower mod for mod, I have a 05 rxp with less mods than my friends 06 and 07, I am faster than both of them, and on my conversion with a 05 motor ran 92.2 with a rude1, so as far as being slower never heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpvic View Post
    I Have never heard of the 04 and 05 being slower mod for mod, I have a 05 rxp with less mods than my friends 06 and 07, I am faster than both of them, and on my conversion with a 05 motor ran 92.2 with a rude1, so as far as being slower never heard that.
    I have a buddy that been through many skis and from we have found is that the 04-05 have been 1-2 mph slower on the top end. Most likely due to cam timing.

I know there many other factors such as hull, etc. But this seems to be the consensus from his testing.

Thread Information