Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this speed seem right?

I ran 70.2 yesterday on GPS. My mods are in my sig. The temp yesterday was 98 with heat index of 105 and high humidity. Not sure of water temp but it feels like bath water. I had one bar showing on fuel gauge. The stock tach looked to be reading 7600. Also I weight 230#.

not bad, thats 2-3 mph faster than the avg stock ski.

+1
    That looks right on to me. Stock prop, yes?
    I would venture to guess if your air and water temps come down you will start bumping the rev limiter.

Yes stock prop. I was thinking that the temps outside had to be hurting me. I do want to get it up to somewhere between 75 - 77 MPH. I am considering a reflash and a C1. Kinda leaning toward the Simon reflash.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    Yes stock prop. I was thinking that the temps outside had to be hurting me. I do want to get it up to somewhere between 75 - 77 MPH. I am considering a reflash and a C1. Kinda leaning toward the Simon reflash.
    Eric Simon is no lnoger offering the reflashes, but the R&D ones are excellent. Go with the R2, and a good intercooler, and you will get to your goal of 75-77 on STOCK BOOST. You won't even need a C1 wheel. Or add the C1 too and you will be knocking on the door of 80mph. OR do a set of cam gears instead of the C1 wheel and that will also get you extremely close to 80.

We now have lots of options and paths we can take to get to our goals.

The cam gears are something else I am wanting to do. How about, cam gears, R2, C1, R&D intercooler core, and extra cooling? Would that all work on pump gas and not be a big strain on clutch.

+1
    [QUOTE=hitman;1520664]Eric Simon is no lnoger offering the reflashes

that really sucks, i was gonna have him custom tune my ecu, guess i waited too long...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    The cam gears are something else I am wanting to do. How about, cam gears, R2, C1, R&D intercooler core, and extra cooling? Would that all work on pump gas and not be a big strain on clutch.
    That would be a KILLER combo. 80+. I will have a similar setup except with a C3 wheel. I'm shooting for mid 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    that really sucks, i was gonna have him custom tune my ecu, guess i waited too long...
    I really liked working with Eric, but trust me, he made absolutely sure we would all be taken care of before he made his decision. He has told me on multiple occasions that R&D has us covered on the reflashing stuff. They are working on new stuff every day too.

The R&D mapping will work extremely well (just as well as anything that Eric could have done for us) for most of the setups out there. What setup is it that you are planning to run?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    That would be a KILLER combo. 80+. I will have a similar setup except with a C3 wheel. I'm shooting for mid 80s.

I really liked working with Eric, but trust me, he made absolutely sure we would all be taken care of before he made his decision. He has told me on multiple occasions that R&D has us covered on the reflashing stuff. They are working on new stuff every day too.

The R&D mapping will work extremely well (just as well as anything that Eric could have done for us) for most of the setups out there. What setup is it that you are planning to run?

im planning to run a R2 C3 setup, i didnt want a FPR neither a powershot on my ski, i was basically gonna throw in the simon reflash and the C3 wheel, log where my AFR's where at and have him re-tweak the fuel curve to where i wanted the AFR's to be. he said he could get very close on the Afr's but what i really like about his service is that after he charges you innitially for the reflash if you need to send it back to him so he can tweak it he'll do it at no charge, IDK if r&d can do this at no charge i have not spoken to them but if they can that would be sweet.

+1
    I fairly sure R&D will be able to send you an R2 tune, for the C3, no powershot, and no RRFPR, that will work well. Still, you will need to watch your AFRs if you ride in really cool weather late this season. In fact, I'm pretty sure they have that fuel curve for the R2 tune already.

Maybe give Glen a call and see what he thinks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information