My Riva intake grate broke and parts went through and my pump on my 2008 RXPX stage1.

Sent my impeller to Impros to have it fixed(good idea?) Put in new wear ring and refurbed impeller and installed new R&D intake grate. Lost a little power. Running about 95%(pump shoe looks good and pump vains look good. Any ideas? It had a slight vibration when i first fired it at the river, but seem disappear.

Thankyou for any help!

+1
    The R&D grate is a much better grate, just changed from Riva to Worx, ran one time and switched to the R&D. The R&D is a much heavier made grate, I think you solved you grate braking issue. When you had the pump apart did you check the shaft for any deflection? To do you'll need a dial indicator (maximum amount of deflection should be 0.5 mm or .020 in. you'll need a pair of v-blocks or something simular to hold the shaft while spinnng by hand to gauge (must pull shaft to check). Only other thing that comes to mind is a badly repaired impellar, if you had a spare you could swap and test for vibration, even if its the wrong pitch it would only be a temp. Would be easier than pulling the shaft and having to locate, barrow, or purchase the other tools for checking shaft deflection.

Thanks for your input. I just sent another impeller to Impros that took a rock. When i get it bake i will put it in to see if that is it. A question regarding checking the shaft: Why cant you check it by removing the intake grate and hooking a hose up to it and firing the ski up?

+1
    What did that feel like? Did you get tosed off?

I thought the motor blew. I was on the juice and alll of a sudden a here a horribal grinding noise and the exhaust alarm on the ski was going off(dont understand that part). It didn't throw me but it did slow down hell of alot faster then normal. A couple of pieces were caught around(behind) the impeller and was making a loud wining noise. My bros could here it from across the river. Limped it back and after some time looking under the seat checked under the ski. I think i got lucky over all no bolts were pulled out. The part that sucks is literally 5 min. before that i blew my exhaust gasket on my Kaw SXR standup ski. So i was time to take drinking beer seriously!

+1
    Hows the pumpshoe look? What are your RPMs now?

+1
    You might get lucky and spot it if its bent bad enough without pulling the shaft. Remember your looking for a maximum of 1/2 a mm in deflection for a bad shaft. There is really no way to check properly on the ski, you would run the risk of getting a bad reading or measurement due to a possible loose or bad bearing or worn splines or dampner. JP had a good question, whats the shoe look like?

Last year i took a rock and it broke one of the plastic blades on the pump shoe and per this forum(thankyou very much) i just filed all of them down to nothing nice and smooth. And no power loss noticable at all.

I did a good inspection of the pump shoe and the fiberglass infront of the shoe after the intake grate issue and it all looks great.
    So it looks like i will try the other referbed impeller when i get it back next week. Hope that's it! If not looks like i'm pulling the shaft!

I will let ya know.......

Thread Information