Polaris SL 750 vent line

Hi, all, hoping someone can help me out with this...I just got tasked with fixing my buddies SL 750. So far it has 120 psi across the board, I have cleaned the carbs and replace all the fuel line and the reeds as some were chipped and not closing all the way for a perfect seal. Before I throw the carbs back in I want to pop off test them...What pressure should I set them for? Also when changing the line I found that there was no restrictor, so, thanks to CrazyA and K447, I will be making one. The other thing is the tank vent line, which way does the check valves go?..I see there are 2 of them on the line, I want to make sure they are letting air flow the proper way.

Thanks.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Alot of info is found in the tech section or the links provided in K447 signature.

pop off will be 10-18 psi for a 750.

One valve (looks like a toy "top") allows air IN to the tank, and the one at the exit of the hose allows air OUT after a a build up of more than 1.5 psi.

Thanks for the info, as for the vent valves, I have two that look like tops(blak and white)...the line comes out of the tank and into a tee..from there one line hangs loose in the hull with a valve on the end. the other connects to a black box up under the steering and has an inline valve..I jus want to make sure the valves are installed in the right direction so that the tank can breath proper.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Should only have 1 black/white valve on the "T" loose hose. (lets air IN the tank)

The one one at the top should have an arrow that points OUT. That one allows the excessive pressure to leave the fuel tank. (1.5 psi is used to help feed the fuel pump, so it doesn't have to draw the fuel all the way from the tank)

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Should only have 1 black/white valve on the "T" loose hose. (lets air IN the tank)

The one one at the top should have an arrow that points OUT. That one allows the excessive pressure to leave the fuel tank. (1.5 psi is used to help feed the fuel pump, so it doesn't have to draw the fuel all the way from the tank)

That makes sense, thanks for the help.

Thread Information