Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pro 785 how much oil?

How much oil does the pro use roughly my maths is rubbish. How many tanks of fuel would you go through to a full tank of oil? at the rate mine is going down I'd say 5ish thats guessing.

+1
    Maybe noone is answering because they all go with pre-mix.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well, if it was pre-mixed at 40:1, then you would use 40 quarts of fuel for every quart of oil.

The Pro has a variable rate oil pump, so the exact oil:fuel ratio varies with throttle position. Guesstimate of 50:1 ratio on average.

So 1 quart of oil used from the oil tank equates to 50 quarts of fuel consumption, roughly speaking.

+1
    On my SLT it was about 3 or 4 tanks. Although I never ran it even close to half full. I always topped it off fearing it could suck air when i was slamming 3 footers for 5 miles going to an island and going lean while slamming the waves.

If you go premix, that would never happen again.

Yeh looks like I'm gonna get about 4 or 5 tank fulls out of a full tanki of oil, good point about letting run low. Want to keep it topped up.

Everyone premixes?? Wow do I need to disconect the oil pump then?

Going to scotland tomorrow and my amsoil still hasn't arrived! Not that cheap to get over here with delivery it works out at £16 a litre! Anyone recommend an alternative for time being? Mobil etc?

Going to be out on it every day for a week, weather permitting! Can't wait!!!!! It's like being 5 years old on Christmas eve!

Matt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by matt160580 View Post
    Everyone premixes??
    I don't. yeah your close, I would say about 4-6 tanks of gas per tank of oil

Hey guys just a question on premix, am I right in thinking its just a case of premixing or do I need to disable the oil delivery somehow to stop air entering the lines. Is there a how too?

+1
    Matt,
    You need to remove the oil pump and get a block off kit i like the ones with the bushing in the kit that helps fill the void left in the cases from where you remove the gear ,then remove all lines and the oil tank and get a 33 ohm resistor if i remember right k447 will know forsure to put in the elect box between the wires from the sending unit so it thinks it still has oil and doesn't go into limp mode
    Last edited by 785 lugs; 09-03-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Cheers lugs, I'm gonna do this over the next few days keep me busy whilst I'm waiting for the transplant. The mukini carb kits are only in stock October so in the mean time I'm going to start replacing the fuel lines, removing the oil tank and feeds and doing the water mod. As well as other little tweaks just to keep me busy. At least with pre mix it's one last thing to worry about out of the hundreds of things that can go wrong with this highly strung monster! I'll do a search get some info on the resister too. Cheers.

Matt

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow Bypass oil sender with 33 ohm resistor to prevent Low Oil MFD display with pre-mix

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    ... get a 3 ohm resistor if i remember right ... put in the elect box between the wires from the sending unit so it thinks it still has oil and doesn't go into limp mode
    33 ohm resistor, not 3 ohms

Unplug the oil sender wire inside the electrical box and tape it aside.

Crimp female spade connectors onto the resistor ends after sliding some insulating tubing over the resistor and wire leads to prevent shorts to anything else. Heat shrink tube works, or thin wall 1/8 inch clear plastic tubing.

One end of the 33 ohm resistor connects to ground (any Black terminal) and the other end goes to the terminal where you previously removed the oil sender wire.

Now the MFD will always display 'Full' oil level

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information